Stress. We all have it in one form or another and it is simply our physical, emotional and mental responses to changes. Stress can be good, bad, long-term or short-term, but there is no escaping it.
How does stress affect the body?
Initially, stress brings about the “flight or fight” feeling – the heart beats faster, breathing quickens, blood pressure rises and adrenaline is released. This causes:
- Digestive problems
- Tense shoulder and neck muscles
- Insomnia or sleeping way too much
- Respiratory problems
- Low resistance to germs because of a suppressed immune system – sick more often
- Gaining or losing weight because of increased or decreased appetite
One way to effectively manage stress is to develop mutually supportive relationships. You knew I had to tie this into my community! Where can you find wonderful people who help support you during the good times and bad?
You guessed it…In my community where you will find many wonderful people!
Now, the time we have all been waiting for…(drum roll) This is the weekly post where I spotlight my Rockin’ Friends who are the Top Nine active participants and loyal followers in my community! If you want to be mentioned here next week, then all it takes is to come in and start chatting with everyone in my community.
Below are a few discussions going on in my community :
- My Area Of Texas Needs Your Help
- Time of the day when you feel the most energetic?
- Your approach to grocery shopping?
- The Name Game…
- What is your #1 cleaning tip?
- What Can I Say? I’m A Post Counter Diva! (26,002 comments and counting!)
With a big, heartfelt thank you for their participation and friendship, here are the Rockin’ Friends this week in order of most participation.
I’m so glad that I’ve been able to become friends with these wonderful people who are so active in my community. I encourage you to add their blogs to your blogroll, but also come over and chat with us in my community.
For everyone mentioned in the top nine this week, feel free to grab the Rockin’ Friend badge below (Yeah, we do crazy poses like that too because we are so stylish) and thank you for your participation!!
- Aleta at Aleta’s Arty Facts
- Meg doesn’t have a blog…yet (wink)
- Bev at eBlebco.com
- Joan at A Bad Marriage Is Fattening
- Teresa at Teresa’s Thoughts And Ideas
- Carol at ArtMuseDog
- PJ at PJ’s Prayer Line
- Lori’s LOLz
- Kris at In The Kitchen With Audrey
Until next week…Kiss your family, hug your friends and don’t forget to be the friend you would like to have around.
Woo Us To Your Blog
As always, attached is the weekly Linky to enter either the main URL to your site or add each post you publish throughout the week. You don’t have to do anything special, just drop your link in and get a little extra exposure to your site.