In 1968 Twitter didn’t exist, but Spanky and Our Gang crooned a song that I think could be the basis for the best Twitter philosophy that you’ve ever read.
After being on Twitter for awhile, your personality begins to show, your reason for being on the social media platform becomes apparent and it is easier to give relevant Twitter advice.
Top 15 Ways To Use Twitter
- Gossip, Gore And The Facts – Not only will Twitter give you the latest news around the world, you can also discuss it with people who are in the thick of it. Don’t forget that you can upload and view real time photos on Twitter!
- Find A Job – Stay in touch with the company you want to work for and hear about the latest job openings that many companies now tweet. Mention that you saw their tweet on Twitter during your interview. Not only will it stroke their ego, but it will show them that you are savvy, hip and connected.
- Accessibility – Stay connected to your audience/customers by listening to them! Imagine that one! Twitter adds the human element to your business making you accessible instead of having people lost in automated phone message Hell.
- Advertise Your Business – With millions of users on Twitter, advertising your business for free is really a no-brainer.
- Create Awareness For A Good Cause – You can educate people with the latest information about your cause. Don’t forget to use hashtags! (examples: #cancer, #asthma, #politics, #green)
- Win Stuff! – Contests are tweeted constantly on Twitter, so it is possible to win anything. Wouldn’t it be nice to win a car? Woohoo!
- Build Your Brand – By finding like-minded people who enjoy and use your service or product, tweeting is a great way to build your brand. It is much easier and more productive than standing on your rooftop shouting, “Here I am!” to all the passerbys.
- Entertainment – Twitter is fun! People say the craziest stuff and some of the avatars are truly BEYOND all description!
- Obtain Good Advice – When you need to know which product is the best, people will share their knowledge. Have you ever noticed how people love to give advice?
- Become A Better Parent or Know What Your Teenager Is Thinking – I once read this tweet…”When I call my parents & they don’t answer, it’s no big deal. But when they call me & I don’t answer, it’s like World War III.” If that stung, maybe it is time to change your parenting style. Staying in touch with your teen is crucial, so use every bit of information you can find to stay aware.
- Share Interesting Internet Finds – Share all that great stuff you find on the Internet with your Twitter followers! Things are always better when shared. Well, everything except my chocolate.
- Fund Raising For Philanthropic Endeavors – Twitter takes your fund raising efforts to a larger audience. Is the world big enough for you?!
- Drive Traffic -Twitter is great for SEO to your website, Facebook or any other Internet site. #ProvenFact
- Alerts and Warnings – Have you used a terrible product and want to tell your friends about it? How about telling several million other people with your tweets? Think about how the company will take notice especially if your tweet goes viral. Could that be categorized as revenge?
- Friendship – Yes, you can make friends over the Internet. I could go on and on about this because I’m a very emotionally open person, but let me just quote another part of the song by Spanky and Our Gang…