Now You See Me And Now You Don’t

by Sherry Riter in Death,Family,Lessons of Life,Sherry

sherry redhead riter disappearing  gif

I have been blogging consistently since April 24, 2009. Actually, I’ve written a post almost everyday. The longest I’ve gone without writing a post was four days and it happened last week. During that time, several things happened that zapped my energy and spirit. Unlike all the other years of blogging, this time I didn’t even have the oomph necessary to write which is somewhat baffling since writing usually brings me comfort.

During the days that I didn’t write anything on my blog, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ or anywhere else on the Internet, one of the thoughts that weighed heavy on my mind was our mortality. Yes, I mean “our” mortality because I thought about all the people I know, care for or love.

The moment you are born, the process of dying begins.

You don’t know when, where or how you will die, but eventually you know that your life on this planet will end.

Are your affairs in order?

Have you prepared everything physically for the day you pass away?

What about the relationships in your life? Are the people you leave behind going to remember you in peace because your relationship is either peacefully intact or you had a peaceful closure?

It is important to enjoy your life, but it is equally important to remember that you have a limited supply of days to enjoy. I’m not suggesting that you live in fear that at any moment your life will end. I am merely stating that no one, including you, knows how many days your heart will beat life into your body, so don’t squander your precious time.

Make a point to get everything in order and organized. Clean out your possessions, write a will, write all your passwords and financial account information in a safe place, and most importantly, get closure to your relationships that have ended and peace in your current relationships. Don’t leave your business undone.

“Each of us is merely a small instrument;
all of us, after accomplishing our mission,
will disappear.”
~ Mother Teresa ~

1 Don Murray February 25, 2014 at 5:56 am

I will never forget you…………unless I get Alzheimer’s! No really I miss you………: )

2 Sherry Riter February 25, 2014 at 8:16 am

🙂 That was cute, Don. You better not forget me! I miss you too. Lunch will never be the same again.

3 Joan February 25, 2014 at 11:31 am

Now that’s a SPECTACULAR PICTURE of you, Sherry! I could hardly wait to read this post, thinking, “This is REALLY GOING TO BE SPECTACULAR!” I mean with a picture like that how could it not be spectacular? (I have to admit, Sherry, you really do have a way of getting your readers’ attention.) So, now I’m all geared up to read this SPECTACULAR POST and see exactly what it’s about! 🙂

4 Sherry Riter February 25, 2014 at 11:43 am

Thank you Joan! I had fun making myself disappear in the photo. LOL

5 Joan February 25, 2014 at 11:33 am

Okay, so I begin reading. With great anticipation I might add! 🙂

6 Sherry Riter February 25, 2014 at 11:43 am

Great! 😛

7 Joan February 25, 2014 at 11:39 am

You write, “I have been blogging consistently since April 24, 2009. Actually, I’ve written a post almost everyday.” Yes, yes, we all know that. In fact, I used to pray to get OCD so I could blog consistently like you! 🙂

8 Sherry Riter February 25, 2014 at 11:43 am

LOLOLOL Yeah, the OCD does help when it comes to accomplishing tasks. 😀

9 Joan February 25, 2014 at 11:42 am

“The longest I’ve gone without writing a post was four days and it happened last week.” Hey, I definitely have you beat! The longest I’ve gone without writing a post is three years! 🙂

10 Sherry Riter February 25, 2014 at 11:44 am

LAUGHING MY BUTT OFF!!!! Yes, you definitely have me beat and I’m glad!!! LOL

11 Don Murray February 25, 2014 at 11:57 am

Well I have you both beat then, cause I’ve never wrote a post,so I win! BTW what’s a post? Just Kidding!!

12 Sherry Riter February 25, 2014 at 11:58 am

LMBO!!!!! Okay Don, you’re the winner!!!! 😀 😛

13 Joan February 25, 2014 at 12:03 pm

“During that time, several things happened that zapped my energy and spirit.” Should we play 20 questions and find out what those “several things” were? Why aren’t you telling us? You tell your readers everything. Why are you leaving us, your faithful readers, hanging in suspense? 🙂

14 Sherry Riter February 25, 2014 at 12:05 pm

LOL I didn’t mean to leave you in suspense. Are you really THAT interested in what caused me not to write for four days?

15 Joan February 25, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Okay, at least this one faithful reader is not hanging in suspense. I already know. But what about your 1,000,000 plus other readers? They want to know too. It’s not enough to just say, “Unlike all the other years of blogging, this time I didn’t even have the oomph necessary to write which is somewhat baffling since writing usually brings me comfort.” Well, I have to say, Sherry, sometimes writing doesn’t always bring one the comfort they seek. Sometimes eating ice cream can be more comforting. 🙂

16 Sherry Riter February 25, 2014 at 12:16 pm

You can say that again!!! I sure love my ice cream!!! 🙂

17 Joan February 25, 2014 at 12:22 pm

“During the days that I didn’t write anything on my blog, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest Google+ or anywhere else on the Internet, one of the thoughts that weighed heavy on my mind was our mortality.” OMG!!!!!! You didn’t blog, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, or Google+? SIMPLY SHOCKING! What is the Internet coming to when The Redhead Riter doesn’t blog, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or Google+? Why it closes down, of course. And stupid me, I was wondering why for four days I couldn’t get on the Internet and now I know. The Redhead Riter closed down the Internet! (Well, you only have to look at that SPECTACULAR PICTURE of yourself at the top of this post to know that you definitely have the power to close down the Internet!) 🙂

18 Sherry Riter February 25, 2014 at 12:27 pm

LMBO!!! Joan, I did NOT close down the Internet and I am NOT that powerful. YOU are SO silly! 😛

Why don’t we address your Internet connection. What is the name of your sucky, terrible Internet provider? LOL

19 Joan February 25, 2014 at 12:32 pm

And why did you close down the Internet, Sherry? You were thinking about “our mortality.” Are you kidding me? You closed down the entire Internet because you were thinking about our mortality! Sherry, Sherry, Sherry what can I say? Nothing. Well, that’s not entirely true. I have plenty to say about that but I’ll keep my mouth closed. 🙂

20 Sherry Riter February 25, 2014 at 7:55 pm

LOL 😛

21 Philip Bond February 25, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Life is better, with a Sherry. Glass optional.

22 Sherry Riter February 25, 2014 at 7:56 pm

😀 You are sooooo sweet and very poetic, Philip. Thank you very much! {{{hugssss}}}

23 teresa vett February 26, 2014 at 1:54 am

I can write a post!! My daughter may not agree because she would want to correct everything…then it would be her post. LOL

24 Sherry Riter February 26, 2014 at 6:06 pm