“Throw me a life line,” the man yelled as he struggled to stay afloat in the violent storm a few miles from the safety of the coast.
That’s one kind of life line, but there are a couple more that you may find interesting or feel are applicable in your own experience.
Talk To The Hand
Let me give you a whole new perspective on the saying, “Talk to the hand, not to the face.” I thought this would be rather fun and it will help us answer the question, “How do you measure a happy life?” According to someone who reads palms (also known as palmists, palm readers, hand readers, hand analysts, or chirologists), my palm tells this about me:
- The Girdle of Venus (purple dotted line) indicates that I believe in open communication, working hard, am sensitive, intelligent and highly passionate. Not everyone has the Girdle of Venus and it is believed that those who do have this line tend to be writers, poets and artists.
- Since the Heart Line (pink dotted line) goes boldly all the way across the top of the hand, it means that I am very interested in the mental side of the relationship. Since the line is very straight and basically parallel to the Head Line, it shows that I have strong emotional control.
- The space between the Heart Line and Head Line (brown dotted line) is called the quadrangle. Since the quadrangle is wide, it means that I’m open-minded and since it gets wider as it goes across my palm, it means I’m becoming more open-minded as I continue to age.
- The straight, deep and long Head Line that stretches across the palm shows I am a practical and logical person who often tends to be over-analytical even in respect to love relationships. The line is very straight and that means I am a realistic thinker.
- Because the Head Line and Life Line (red dotted line) are joined, it indicates that I have a strong sense of mind which generally rules over my body.
- The Life Line is a representation of my vitality and the length of my life. Since the line swoops down to below the base of the palm, it shows a life expectancy of about 90 years. Because the Life Line is long and deep, I will not only have a long life, but one full of vitality and health.
- When there are lines that cross (bright blue solid line) through the Life Line, it is an indication there will be worries and/or danger. The star (dark blue circle) in the Life Line means that there will be some sort of crisis.
- Since the Health Line (pale green dotted line) is strong and undisturbed, it shows that I have a strong business sense and the strength to work hard to make money.
- The triangle formed by the Life, Head and Health Lines is known as The Lucky Triangle (orange arrow). The broader the area of The Lucky Triangle, the greater my luck. Many people do not have this triangle and in my case, the triangle is quite large meaning that I am lucky.
According to my hand, I am going to live a long, healthy and happy life even though it will be filled with worries, danger and at least one major crisis.
How To Measure A Happy Life
After someone throws a life line to the man who was struggling to stay afloat in the violent storm a few miles from the safety of the coast, I’m sure he felt a surge of happiness and relief. Experiences like that also tend to change a person’s perspective on life and the things that make life important. Often these people measure and reassess their old life only to find that it falls short of true happiness. Thus, they change how they live each day because of the new perspective gained through a near death experience.
If I was a believer in the spirituality of palmistry, I would have peace now that my palm reading indicates that I will be happy during a long life on this planet even though I would experience worry, danger and some crisis.
There are many ways to attain happiness. Our life is a very individual journey because we are very unique creatures, but one thing is true for everyone. Our own happiness is dependent upon our choices and attitude.
I know that some people are able to skirt through an easy life while others have daily struggles. It is enough to make one ponder the mysteries of the universe and curse Heaven if we happen to be in the group of strugglers.
I’m one of those strugglers. I guess I could say, “Why me?” but I really don’t do that anymore. Instead I have made a concerted effort to change the things that bring me unhappiness or don’t add value to my life. Because of these changes, I have found a semblance of peace in my chaotic mind. Even more importantly, I have hope that part of my struggles will eventually end.
So how do I measure happiness? It is really quite simple. I love and I am loved. I have experienced the pinnacle of all experiences – I gave birth to a human being that grew within my womb for nine months. On the flip side, I was once a small child that was loved and cared for by two doting parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. Since I gave birth and in turn doted on my child, the love has gone full circle.
For me, love is happiness. The more love I experience, the happier my life. The more love I feel, the more fulfilled and accomplished I see myself. The more love I give, the more love I receive. Love is the life line that I have grasped onto and the one thing that has kept me alive.
Four letters, one word, but an emotion that is unsurpassed with it’s ability to bring happiness to life. May you all not only be loved, but feel love that warms your soul and brings you the greatest happiness, fulfillment and peace.