Old age…If you’re lucky, it is the inevitable condition.
Just as the rings of a tree trunk tells the age of the tree, so our bodies can also tell our age. We all would like to get old, but for the most part, we don’t want to have our bodies age. Imagine how great it would be if we could know everything we know now, but have the body we had when we were twenty years old. Woohoo!
Don’t get too excited. I haven’t learned the secret to turn back time nor did I find a magic anti-aging potion. However, I do know a few things that will make you age more rapidly and possibly cause you to have an earlier date with Heaven.
20 Things That Age You
No one really wants to feel the effects of aging, but doing the things on this list will negatively affect the condition of the body and bring about rapid aging. Not only will the body feel older,but it will also look older. So let’s take a look at this list.
- Smoking cigarettes, pipes and cigars.
- Drinking alcohol, especially too much of it.
- Indulging in drugs.
- Getting too much sun.
- Breathing polluted air.
- Being generally overweight.
- Having belly fat even if no other part of you is fat.
- Having high blood pressure.
- Being a couch potato which means you aren’t getting enough exercise.
- Feeling stressed. Having stress. Being TOO STRESSED!
- Not getting enough sleep.
- Getting too much sleep.
- Eating too much sugar.
- Not eating fruits and vegetables every day.
- Eating too much saturated fat.
- Poor dental health.
- Prolonged inflammation in the body.
- Not getting enough omega-3 fatty acids.
- All work, no play makes you dull and unhealthy. That’s a double whammy!
- Not having enough sex. You knew that would be on the list.
What a list! Wow! So let’s see how many of the things on the list I am guilty of doing…
Alright, I’ll tell you. I can’t believe I do 8 of the things on the list! Obviously, I have room for improvement especially since I don’t want to look like this aged wood post. I’m sure that you also do a few “aging” things, don’t you? So how many are you guilty of doing?
No. I definitely don’t want my face to look like the top of this post. No way.