Audrey and I were inseparable because I thought she was my baby from the moment Mom and Dad brought her home.
We always played together and the only time I got upset with her was when she became Miss Destructo. Yeah, Audrey destroyed everything she could touch. I remember having three Barbies. One day when I went to the toy box to play, I discovered that Audrey had given one of the Barbies a hair cut. She had cut all the hair off down to the scalp. I not only couldn’t believe that she did it, but I didn’t understand why Audrey would want to cut all the hair off MY Barbie. I had never felt like doing anything close to making my Barbies bald! Apparently, we were like night and day.
Anyway, we had a little red wagon and I pulled Audrey around in it all the time. She was such a chubby and cute little girl. I love looking at all the old pictures of my family. I hadn’t seen these in a very long time, so I noticed things like:
- My blue and white striped swing set
- The transformer that Mom was afraid would fall through the ground (rolling my eyes)
- The brick edging around a flower bed that I thought was big, but wasn’t big at all
- I still dress the same LOL
- Apparently I have been squinting in the sunshine forever
- Audrey was definitely a ham
- Audrey was wearing white Stride Rite shoes with bells on them
- Time goes by too quickly
April 3rd is Audrey’s birthday which is why I am being so reminiscent. Happy Birthday Audrey. May you enjoy many more and may your life always be filled with happiness.
Oh! One more thing! Actually two more things. Stand up and shake it like this…
because you are still one hot mama!