While researching tiny homes and one room floor plans, I also looked at loft apartments in the downtown area of Richmond, Virginia. I know that there were many people who thought the tiny houses built in remote locations looked nice, but they would never live so far away from the modern conveniences of a more populated area. This post gives you a peek into another way of living in a smaller building, but it is located in the heart of humanity – the city.
What Is A Loft Apartment?
Loft apartments are large warehouses or business buildings that have been divided into separate living areas.
These living spaces often consist of large, unpartitioned floor areas with tall ceilings which have expose pipes and ducts in the ceiling. Some features of loft apartments can also include: floor to ceiling windows, located near downtown, modern/contemporary design, exposed interior brick and stained cement or hardwood floors. Other loft spaces are transformed into theater spaces, studios for artists/dancers and exhibition galleries. Loft apartments tend to be more expensive than condos, however, that is not always the case.
River Lofts At Tobacco Row
The community at The River Lofts At Tobacco Row in Richmond, Virginia, offers a riverfront location that is ideal for an exciting urban lifestyle. Here you can walk to downtown and Shockoe Bottom, hike along the river, or just stroll through the neighborhood stopping in the unique shops and restaurants.
The River Lofts represent a true celebration of place, where maintaining the architectural integrity of each building is the ultimate goal. This stunning community is a classic example of what can be achieved when creative vision is allowed to integrate historic architecture with modern design.
Not only are these loft apartments conveniently located by major interstates, but are also close to historic locations such as the Hollywood Cemetery.
The River Lofts community amenities include:
- Two Refreshing Pools with Spa and Deck Areas
- On-Site Parking
- Lushly Landscaped Courtyards with BBQ and Picnic Areas
- Community Room with Large Screen TV and Plush Seating
- 2,900 Square Foot Health Club Level Fitness Center
- Accessibility to Capitol Bike Trail
- Theater Room
- On-Site Recycling Program
- Controlled Building Access and Video Guest Screening
- Walking Distance to Bus Line and Downtown
- Business Center
- Common Areas with Wi-Fi
- Dry Cleaning Service
- 24-Hour Emergency Maintenance
- Convenient Bike Storage
Loft apartment features include:
- Dramatic River and Courtyard Views Available
- In-Suite Washer/Dryer
- Stylish Track and Pendant Lighting
- Open Kitchens with Counter Seating
- Wired for High Speed Internet and Digital Cable
- Dual Pane Windows for Sound and Weather Insulation
- Ceramic Tile Floor in Kitchen and Bath
- Kitchen Islands and Breakfast Bars Available
- Gourmet Kitchens with Granite Countertops & Stainless Steel Appliances
- Large Refrigerator with Ice Maker and Range with Self-Cleaning Oven
- Soaring 14 to 18 Foot Ceilings
- Ceiling Fans
- Built-In Microwave and Dishwasher
- Luxurious Baths with Tile and Upgraded Fixtures
- Abundant Closets Including Walk-Ins
- Walk-In Closets in Most Floor plans
- Patios, Terraces or Balconies Available in Select Suites
- Beautiful River Views Available
- Full-Size In-Suite Washer and Dryer
- Designer Track and Pendant Lighting
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile and Berber Carpet Flooring
Obviously, living in the heart of downtown in a loft is the complete opposite of living in the country in a one room tiny home, however, there is a major similarity between the two places. Both places offer a “home” at a reasonable price and for the most part, they are also smaller in size.
The loft lifestyle is a great alternative to housing especially for singles and couples. With a maintenance free environment packed with amenities, there is an opportunity for more unencumbered spare time and leisure activities.
Hmmm….I’m definitely still thinking about that jacuzzi tub photo.
Did you see it?
I think a bubble bath and a song would be in order.
Can you hear me singing?