Moist and Tender Barbecue Pork Ribs In The Oven

by Sherry Riter in Cooking  ,Food,Meat,Recipe

You can still have moist and tender barbecue pork ribs even if you do not have a grill. I will show you step-by-step how to cook the pork ribs in the oven. When you’re finished cooking them, they will fall off the bone. The flavor…well, what can I say except that they are absolutely, totally delicious.

Moist and Tender Barbecue Pork Ribs In The Oven

2 Pork Ribs – I used Pork Loin Ribs that were on sale for $9.00
One slab has been 4 individual meals.
The other slab is in the freezer…just waiting.
Wash the ribs under running cold water.

Using a knife, separate the membrane from the bone just enough to…

…hold between paper towels to remove completely.

Removing the membrane helps the spices flavor all the way through easily.

Mrs. Dash Mesquite Grilling Blends mixture

Montreal Steak Seasoning mixture

Sprinkle spices in an even layer on all sides.
Don’t rub – just sprinkle. Place ribs, meat side up, on rack.

Don’t forget to cover the four sides with spices too.

Brown sugar.

Seal the spices with a layer of brown sugar on top – softly patted on meat.

I love my nails red!

Let marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes to 1 hour.
The sugar will melt over the spices while marinating.
Sprinkle with more rub in a thin layer.

Cover the ribs and pan with aluminum foil,
but keep both ends vented open to release some of the steam while cooking.
Cook in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for one hour.

Remove from oven and cover with your favorite barbecue sauce.
Turn oven down to 250 degrees.
Cover and cook for one hour.

Remove ribs from oven and add another layer of barbecue sauce.
Cover and cook for 1-2 more hours.

Remove from oven and serve hot.

The wonderful smells are beyond all description.

I thought about getting a plate to put my ribs on.

Really, I did!

But they were so juicy that I couldn’t resist a bite.

Of course, after the first bite, I couldn’t stop to get the plate,
so I stood eating at the oven.
I know…totally pathetic, right?
Yeah, let me see you try to resist eating them immediately.
I bet you can’t do it either.

Moist and Tender Barbecue Pork Ribs In The Oven

Ingredients

2 slabs of pork ribs, room temperature
1/2 cup Montreal Steak Seasoning for one slab
1/2 cup Mrs Dash Mesquite Grilling Blends for the other slab
2 tablespoons garlic powder for each slab
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper for each slab
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning for each slab
1/2 teaspoon black pepper for each slab
1 cup brown sugar for each slab

Preparation:

Prepare a vented rack by covering the base with aluminum foil.

Mix half the spices with the Montreal Steak seasoning in a small bowl (not the sugar). Mix the other half of the spices with the Mrs. Dash Mesquite Grilling Blends (not the sugar). Set aside.

Wash the ribs under running cold water. Using a knife, separate the membrane from the bone enough to hold between paper towels to remove completely. Sprinkle spices in an even layer on all sides. Don’t rub – just sprinkle. Place ribs, meat side up, on rack. Seal the spices with a layer of brown sugar on top – softly patted on meat. Let marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes to 1 hour. The sugar will melt over the spices while marinating. Sprinkle with more rub in a thin layer.

Pour about 10 ounces of water in the bottom of the foil covered pan to create steam. Cover the ribs and pan with aluminum foil, but keep both ends vented open to release some of the steam while cooking. Cook in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for one hour. Remove from oven and cover with your favorite barbecue sauce. Turn oven down to 250 degrees. Cover and cook for one hour. Remove ribs from oven and add another layer of barbecue sauce. Cover and cook for 1-2 more hours. Remove from oven and serve hot.

Definitely good enough to lick your fingers and gnaw the bone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sherry Riter, also known as The Redhead Riter. Sherry is witty, intelligent and addictive as she writes about cooking, family, marriage, failures, blogging tips, art, humor, inspiration, travel, PTSD and aging. Her goal is to inspire, motivate, educate and to make her audience laugh. Sherry embraces being a redhead and helps others to see the redhead point of view…"In some eras redheads were worshipped while others thought us witches. Personally, I like the former and think every day is 'Love a redhead day!'" She can also be found on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, Linkedin, tweeting as @TheRedheadRiter and you can subscribe to her free blog feed.

1 Joan June 2, 2011 at 5:41 am

Redhead Riter, your pork ribs look delectable! I am so glad that you live thousands of miles away from me — or I would be at your house every night eating dinner!

2 Bren and Titan June 2, 2011 at 2:20 pm

That looks and sounds delicious! I might have to try that recipe! Thanks for sharing!

~Bren
ascribblerstale.com

3 michael ultra June 2, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Looks delish. Here in Texas, we smoke them with mesquite wood. I liked your mango post.

4 The Zany Housewife June 3, 2011 at 2:00 am

This actually looks like something I could make! I'm always nervous about ribs and things like it. Thanks Red. I can't wait to try it!

5 Larry October 6, 2012 at 5:35 pm

cooking now i will let you know how the turn out ! thanks for the help.

6 Sherry Riter October 6, 2012 at 5:43 pm

They will turn out perfectly, I’m sure! *Finger licking good*

7 Sue December 23, 2012 at 5:32 pm

After looking at the pics I had to go with this recipe. They are cooking now and I cannot wait! Love the humor added to the recipe!

8 Sherry Riter December 24, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Great! So how did you like them? Did you save any for me? LOL

9 Russell January 5, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Usually cook mine in a coca cola boil then in the over but I must say these looked good and will have them ready for the oven in about 30 minutes, looking foward to see how they come out :)

10 Sherry Riter January 6, 2013 at 3:56 am

Did you save me some? What’s your address? LOL

11 Brittaney August 11, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Do u cover the inside of the pan or the base( bottom of the pan) ?

12 Brittaney August 11, 2013 at 7:52 pm

They look scrumptious:)

13 Sherry Riter August 11, 2013 at 7:52 pm

You don’t have to cover the base of the pan with aluminum foil, but I do for easier clean up. Is that what you meant with your question?

14 Sherry Riter August 11, 2013 at 7:53 pm

They ARE scrumptious! LOL

15 Brittaney August 12, 2013 at 11:31 am

When u look at the picture the whole pan is covered that’s why I ask just to get so clarification more importantly can I used an roasting pan w/ the rack?

16 Sherry Riter August 12, 2013 at 3:17 pm

The bottom part of the broiling pan is covered with aluminum foil.

Then add the rack and put the meat on it. Do not cover it with foil.

Then cover the whole thing with foil that remains vented.

A roasting pan is very deep. If the rack sits high in the roaster, it should be okay.

17 Brittaney August 14, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Ok just so I’m understanding, so u pour the water in the pan then u wrap the base with foil and place the rack with the ribs on top then wrap the whole pan with foil Cause when u look at the picture that’s what it look like this will be my first time cooking ribs that’s why I asking so many questions

18 Sherry Riter August 14, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Brittany, the directions say, “Pour about 10 ounces of water in the bottom of the foil covered pan”

So to answer your question, you cover the base part of the pan with foil and THEN you pour the water in and THEN wrap the whole pan with foil. Picture #13 is quite apparent that the pan is covered with foil before the water is poured.

Good luck!

19 Crys January 5, 2014 at 1:11 pm

These ribs are just melt in your mouth delicious! My husband requests them! I must make them twice a month now at least! The spice rub is very easy & lends itself to other variations. I tend to make it with whatever spices I have on hand. Thank you so much for sharing! This is a go-to for Sunday dinner in our house!

20 Sherry Riter January 20, 2014 at 8:21 am

Thank you so much for your comment and I’m so glad you enjoy this recipe so much! :)

21 trav February 6, 2014 at 3:07 pm

For years i have tried to make fall off the bone ribs. One little step me and the wife never knew about was removing the membrane. The ribs are marinating now and I cant wait to dig in. Thank you for the detailed instructions. Love the humor as well. Much respect from Kansas!!

22 Sherry Riter February 6, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Thank you so much! I’m glad that I could help and that you found the instructions helpful. :D Let me know how you like them when they come out of the oven :D

23 Michelle May 14, 2014 at 9:35 am

I’m making these today! Quick question, is the recipe based on 2 whole slabs or one cut in half? If it is one, do I need to adjust cooking time?? It’s the first time doing ribs and want to make sure I’m doing it right! They look delicious. I’ll let u know! :-)

24 Sherry Riter May 16, 2014 at 8:41 am

Yes, the recipe is for 2 slabs. How did they turn out?

25 Rachel Smith May 24, 2014 at 1:42 pm

If I’m cooking only 1 slab, how do the times change? Just about ready to put the oven :)

26 Sherry Riter May 24, 2014 at 2:28 pm

The times won’t change. You still have to cook them the same amount of time. Enjoy!

27 Lenya August 19, 2014 at 6:39 pm

What is the purpose of mixing two separate rubs?

28 Sherry Riter August 19, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Thanks for asking Lenya,

1/2 cup Montreal Steak Seasoning for one slab
1/2 cup Mrs Dash Mesquite Grilling Blends for the other slab

Different spice mixtures For different flavor options at the same meal.

29 bobbi August 27, 2014 at 10:14 am

We use this cooking method every time we make ribs now….its amazing!
Just a quick question as we are having them tonight.
Am I able to marinate in the fridge for over an hour?

30 Sherry Riter August 28, 2014 at 10:10 pm

It won’t hurt to marinate the ribs longer than an hour, but I wouldn’t leave them in there too much longer. :) How did they turn out?