Equals 30 Pounds

by Sherry Riter in Health

Have you ever thought about the number of items it would take to equal 30 pounds?

270 eggs equals 30 pounds.

270 eggs

15 boxes of spaghetti equals 30 pounds.

15 boxes of spaghetti noodles

30 boxes of butter equals 30 pounds.

30 boxes of butter30 boxes of butter30 boxes of butter30 boxes of butter

60 bottles of water equals 30 pounds.

60 bottles of water60 bottles of water60 bottles of water

40 jars of jam equals 30 pounds.

40 jars of jam40 jars of jam40 jars of jam

Do you have any idea why I’m making such a big deal out of 30 pounds?

For quite a while I’ve not eaten potatoes, lots of sugar, white bread, rice and all the other yummy stuff that we usually enjoy and now I weigh 30 pounds less! That’s right…I’ve lost 30 pounds.

Absolutely thrilled doesn’t even describe my feelings.

Go ahead, you can do a happy dance with me.

Just a bit thinner,

1 PJ October 15, 2010 at 2:54 am

Hey Gal! I can't believe I was actually into the 30 pound increments! LOL! Congratulations! I've gained about 5. I haven't been going to Curves since I hurt my tail bone, and my sweet hubby makes sure I stay stocked up on candy, cookies and Klondike Bars, so really, I'm lucky that's all I've gained! LOL!
God Bless!

PJ

2 Grammy Suzzy October 15, 2010 at 2:59 am

Congrats to you!!! I KNOW how hard you have worked. I lost 80 pounds, years ago. I exercise and run 6 days a week, and really limit my fats every day, so I can keep it off. It is a battle that few understand. I totally, totally commend you!!!

3 Grammy Suzzy October 15, 2010 at 2:59 am

4 Paula October 15, 2010 at 8:44 am

Congrats! Dedication shows! Thinking of you and he, lets belly dance!

5 wenstumped October 15, 2010 at 8:52 am

That is great, congratulations. Now you just need to make sure you stay healthy and keep it off. Grease and gristle be gone!!!

6 Doreen Lombardo October 15, 2010 at 10:53 am

Hurray for you! Wonderful. I've lost too, not sure how much yet, I go back to nutritionist on the 30th but I'm in one size smaller!!!! Whooo hooooo!

Now comes keeping it off. I had lost 30 lbs too. Then life turned upside down and I was eating on the run, etc. I didn't gain it all back, but did some.

7 Debbie October 15, 2010 at 12:30 pm

I started this same regiment 6 weeks ago. I've lost 11 pounds with a goal of 15 more to lose. I've even taken meat out of my diet. It was hard at first…but I feel so much better now. Congrats to you. What a great achievement!

8 JDaniel4's Mom October 15, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment! I bet you feel like a different person.

9 Velvet Over Steel October 15, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Congrats!!!!! That is so Awesome! Great job, girl!! 🙂

Big Hug,
Coreen

10 jeanette from everton terrace October 15, 2010 at 4:51 pm

What an accomplishment! I love your creative post to celebrate. I am not feeling great about having a baked potato for dinner last night!!!

11 kelly October 15, 2010 at 7:04 pm

way to go!

12 katlupe October 15, 2010 at 7:07 pm

I'm glad you posted that mentioning all those high carb killers. I was worried about you the other day when you mentioned eating all that frosting for a carrot cake!LOL Congrats on the 30 lbs.

13 Karen October 15, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Saw a tweet o' yours that was retweeted & wanted to hop by!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Thirty pounds lost is most definitely worthy of a full on Happy Dance!!! Clapping & tapping my toes for ya! :>

Off to follow you on Twitter, so that I can see your tweets myself! :>

14 Joaness October 15, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Awesome! WTG but I hope you are taking care of YOU!
((Hugs))

15 Holly October 16, 2010 at 12:14 pm

That really IS an AWESOME achievement!! I'll do the happy dance… but If you and Paula do the Belly Dance, WE WANT VIDEO!!! ;D

((HUGS))

16 mimito5 October 16, 2010 at 9:32 pm

I'm so proud of you "Red"! At least you had the power and the will to do what you knew was better for you. It's not easy no matter how you go about losing weight! I was kinda forced into it. Went for a physical, diagnosed with IBS, meant big time diet change. Have felt SO much better since leaving off sugar, dairy products, red meat…..I could go on, but the main thing is I'm learning to eat more sensibly according to what MY body can tolerate—everyone is different. I've been walking and have also lost 30 lbs,,,,,,so I'm dancin', I'm dancin', I'm dancin, girl! 🙂