Chuckle of the Day – Being Old

by Sherry Riter in Aging,Chuckle

An elderly couple is
attending church services.

About halfway through,
she writes a note and
hands it to her husband.

a note

It says,
“I just let out a silent fart.
What do you think I should do?”

He scribbles back,
“Put a new battery
in your hearing aid.”

Thinking it must be freeing to be
really old and get by with this stuff!

1 By Word of Mouth September 25, 2010 at 3:40 am

and when i am old i will wear purple …

2 Kristi September 25, 2010 at 4:01 am

cute and funny 🙂

3 Lauren September 25, 2010 at 6:16 am

That was a good one. I'm still chuckling.

4 Holly September 25, 2010 at 9:59 am

That's AWESOME!! Hahahaha!

5 Lou Belcher September 25, 2010 at 10:44 am

Good one… thanks for the chuckle.

6 Anonymous September 25, 2010 at 12:10 pm

When you girls are old you will not know it!!!! That is how it is, you only know you cannot do what you use too do with ease or not at all, You look in the mirror and think, now when did that happen, or who the hell is that looking back at me. You fight the umbrella because it is so hard to open and close. So you buy one that opens and closes itself, but guess what, the dang button to open and close it is too hard for your sore fingers to push. You park your car in the mall, you come out and you have forgotten where it is. The heat is too much for you so you call your hubby and say help. He comes to find it the first one in the row where you are standing,lol. You have to be OCD in your every day activities, or you will for get to do them, like take your blood pressure med. or asthma. Later on in the day your heart starts racing and you are wheezing and you remember. I could go on for ever but I have to go take my med. before I forget it. All in all life is fun, and I laugh at myself all the time. Now Sherry , she does not think I am so funny about some things and she gets on my butt but she has to laugh at this today. Don't you dear? I love you.

ps, I cannot get my google to work!!!!

7 Doreen Lombardo September 25, 2010 at 2:45 pm

OMG, too funny. Reminds me of my grandmother. She was half deaf and refused a hearing aid. Not that she farted in public. Gross.

8 Donna1264 September 25, 2010 at 4:57 pm

tee hee…I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants!

9 Teresha@Marlie and Me September 26, 2010 at 2:24 am

funny, but gross. I can just picture my grandma saying pardon me after passing gas. She has such impeccable manners even while being gross

10 JKW July 7, 2011 at 12:59 am

Too funny, still laughing. I never never farted, until retirement – go figure! Blessings, Janet