Tell The Truth Thursday – Nicknames

by Sherry Riter in Tell The Truth Thursday

Tell The Truth Thursday

Welcome to “Tell The Truth Thursday” where the question that has been posted in my right side bar gets answered by me and you…and sometimes my husband too! Did you prepare your post and are you ready to drop your URL into the Linky so that we all can follow? Grab the thumb above linking it back to this blog posting and let’s get started…

The question this week is :

Do you have a nickname and if so, what is it??

Fact 1 – I am taller than the women in my family. As a matter of fact, I am the tallest woman and I am even taller than many of the men.

Fact 2 – I grew twelve (12) inches taller in one year. Yes, it was painful.

Fact 3 – I am klutzy because I grew so fast that I could not keep track of my ever growing arms and legs, so I ran into everything and knocked it all over. That is why all my mother’s glass collectible items are glued together.

Fact 4 – My mother affectionately said one day, “You are like a bull moose in a China shop” after I had broken yet another piece of glassware.

That’s all it took…The name stuck..

I may be The Redhead Riter on the internet, but my family knows me as Moose.

I’m not your average, run of the mill female Moose which I must tell you is also called a cow not a bull. Anyway, as you know, I am a very PALE individual and that would also make me a very PALE Moose, right?

I always joke and say I am albino and that I glow in the dark. Well, when I morph into a Moose exterior (like an alien does in the movies) I am still albino which is evidenced by the surprise photo (shown below) taken of me the other day.

Albino Moose

I like my nickname. I’ve received Moose gifts and have collected all kinds of Moose items over the years. Yes, moose are rather large animals, but I have grown to think that are rather cute in an ugly sort of way.

So my answer for the Tell The Truth Thursday question is that The Redhead Riter’s nickname is Moose! Three cheers for the Moose!

Now it is your turn to answer the Tell The Truth Thursday question. Enter the post URL that answers the question in the Linky below…

1 theTsaritsa July 15, 2010 at 12:08 am

I hate my nicknames :/ Just linked to my post!

2 The Zany Housewife July 15, 2010 at 12:53 am

Awww…you make such a cute albino moose! 🙂

3 Dolly July 15, 2010 at 1:54 am

My nicknames from my six brothers is:
"Dollface"…most of Cedar City calls me "Miss Dolly" tho' (I owned a preschool). Thanks for asking! *Love your blog-way cool!*

4 Bossy Betty July 15, 2010 at 1:55 am

Yeah Moose! Love that and the facts you've posted here!

5 Teresha@Marlie and Me July 15, 2010 at 1:39 pm

I like how you've embraced your nickname. Mine makes me cringe.

6 Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training July 15, 2010 at 2:58 pm

I’m a tall gal too and also a bit clumsy! Guess they just come hand in hand!

Kendra "Domestic Princess in Training"

7 Jenn Erickson July 15, 2010 at 3:27 pm

The closest thing I've ever had to a nickname came from my brother, who reversed my name, Jennifer, to Refinnej, and occassionally called me "Ref".

8 Mama Penguin July 16, 2010 at 1:10 am

I missed this weeks TTTT, but my nickname was Dibbus, or Dibbs. I'll explain it someday.. anywho on a funny note.

When I first found your blog, I though it said the the red head riter, as in writer… so I always said or "read" it as the Red Head Writer. It makes me chuckle whenever I think about it!

9 Holly July 16, 2010 at 3:50 am

Moose! I LIKE it! Love the pic!

I've had about all nicknames associated with being SHORT…
and a few call me Holly Dolly. That one makes me cringe a bit, I don't know why! I think I'm fine with it from my brother-in-law, but when hubby's friend says it… UGH!! I think it's because he BUGS no matter what he says! LOL! ;p

10 Donna1264 July 24, 2010 at 7:26 pm

I have two nicknames. My husband and son call me "D"…my grandkids all call me 'Nana D' because I personally despise being called Grandma because I'm only 46 years old and don't look like the proverbial grandmother. Now, some of you grandmothers out there might take offense at what I've said, and I by no means mean to offend anyone. I have five grandchildren and I love each and every one of them. Seriously, I do! I just don't want to be called 'grandma' that's all.

11 jan September 21, 2010 at 6:19 am

Wellll…LOL when the nieces & nephews were small, my husband taught them to call me "Jannie Wannie with the big fat fannie." LOL! They're all adults now & it stuck-the whole family calls me either "Jannie" or "Wannie" -& it's so natural to them, just "Hi, Wannie, how are ya?" Do I hate it? Hell yes, I'm 55 years old LOL but it's stuck so long now, I just groan and roll with it. sammiejanL40 at aol dot com