Takes My Breath Away

by Sherry Riter in Alyssa

Because of the dramatic and life altering event of the past few weeks, we are going to forgo the regular Men’s Meme for a celebratory post.

Alyssa, I thought it was fitting to let you know some of the things we love about you….

1. loving
  11. a texting queen
  12. bubbly
  13. music lover
  14. shoes, shoes and more shoes
  15. beautiful singing voice
  16. you read 900 page books for pleasure
  17. spelling is not your forte’
  18. you’re a makeup artist
  19. you help keep us more stylish in our dress…well, it is hard to help the unwilling LOL
  20. you can eat healthy and it started with salad at age three
  30. fantastic listener
  31. empathetic
  32. grateful
  33. love babies and animals
  34. long showers that drain the hot water heater
  35. jewelry

We are all so thankful to have you as a part of our lives and I’m sure I speak for not only your family, but your friends too. Everyone is praying for your full recovery and look forward to many wonderful years watching you grow and succeed.

It is sure nice seeing you smile!

1 Tim @ Families Again May 31, 2010 at 2:59 am

What a great post. I'm so glad that Alyssa is doing better. Please let her know that prayer is being lifted up for her.

As far as the meme goes, I forgot to post a new question anyway so just left the old one up there. You didn't miss a thing.

2 DeanO May 31, 2010 at 3:51 am

This is a wonderful and caring post –

3 kelly May 31, 2010 at 3:55 am

alyssa sounds like a beautiful young woman. i hope you return to a nice normal soon.

4 PJ May 31, 2010 at 4:43 am

Beautiful post Red! It is so nice to see a mother who isn't afraid to show her affection for her child to the world. When I'm out and about going to stores, or talking to other women, so many times all you hear are criticisms and complaints about or to their children. I have even bitten my tongue more than a few times because I want to say something to them. I wouldn't want anyone to have to grow up with the self esteem issues I had ( and still have)due to my dad's and other people's perception of me. Of course then there is the OTHER side of the coin where the parents show NO Discipline to their children and I tend to think that is JUST AS HARMFUL. Anyway, you can tell the love you show Alyssa has has NO boundries. She is a gorgeous young lady, and I bet she is as sweet and loving as she is beautiful.

God Bless!
Love and Prayers for y'all!

5 Oh Sew Good May 31, 2010 at 9:26 am

Your daughter is very beautiful on the inside and outside. 🙂 You've done well, "Mom"!

6 Pammy pam May 31, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Wonderful! That should be a new meme!

7 KellieS May 31, 2010 at 10:36 pm

You are so blessed to have such a wonderful person in your life. I know you will be even closer now.

love to you both

8 TJ June 1, 2010 at 3:21 am

My Sherry, that is your list and I have one to match it for Alyssa. Her Nanny is so grateful for the miracle of Alyssas life given back to her and us. I too wish to thank all who prayed for her and still doing so. She is beautiful inside and out just like her mama. I am the most blessed of women and I thank God our Father for every blessig.

9 Jireh Ministries Foundation, Inc June 1, 2010 at 10:56 am

Thank you for sharing your family with us, so we could prayer for healing and pray for thanks!