Smart Cars are Terrifying Cars

by Sherry Riter in Product

Smart Car

This is entirely my opinion, but you look at the pictures and tell me what you think about the Smart Car.

The Smart Car is:

Gets Great Gas Mileage

Saves Money

Saves the Environment

If had been near New Orleans

not too long ago

you might have seen

two trucks and a Smart Car

on the road

in an accident

which is why I

don’t think saving money

at the gas pump is worth it.

They are just too small

on roads that are occupied by

much larger vehicles.

Smart CarSmart Car

Do you want a Smart Car?

The forum for savvy women and men!
Join here.

1 Alicia @ One Mum's Musings March 20, 2010 at 2:05 am

Wow there is not much left of the Smart Car in those photos. I have always thought they were way too small to be safe.

2 Linda Kish March 20, 2010 at 2:30 am

Not any more, thank you.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

3 Adrienne March 20, 2010 at 3:01 am

I have always said no way to those I et scared in my Hyundai tuscon …I feel so bad for that drive OMG there is nothign left

4 Just Breathe March 20, 2010 at 3:01 am

OMG that is aweful.

5 Jenny March 20, 2010 at 3:48 am

Is that for real?!?! Oh my goodness! Yeah, I think they're silly and there's no way you'd catch me in one. It's like a shoebox on wheels!

6 Marie March 20, 2010 at 12:53 pm

No I don't especially not after seeing that!

7 C. Rose Fisher March 20, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Smart Car is an oxymoron. Nothing Smart about that photo.

8 Kim March 20, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Those cars always make me laugh when I see them on the street or freeway! They look like toy cars, just waiting to get run over by the grown up cars!

9 tweezle March 20, 2010 at 7:22 pm

First thought was "That's a doctored photo", but after really looking at that car, I don't think so. Shudder….

10 Ashley Ladd March 20, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I don't think they're cute, but I like the save on gas part. But safety is a big concern. It scares me a lot that my oldest child rides a motorcyle on very busy, fast moving Ft. Lauderdale streets. I've started seeing some of these smaller cars this year and I imagine we'll be seeing more and more. But will we be able to eliminate huge trucks even if all the cars are small like this?

11 Life with Kaishon March 20, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Oh.My.Goodness. I absolutely do NOT want a smart car at all. That looks horrifying to me. Plus, I don't know if I could fit comfortably. I like to feel comfortable when I drive. i do not like to feel claustrophobic.

12 Betsy ( March 21, 2010 at 12:21 am

That is very scary. We first saw these cars in Paris and they seemed so smart for city driving…maybe not for the highway though.

13 Savvy Coupon Mommy March 21, 2010 at 12:36 am

Hi 🙂
I'm a new follower!( a little late from the friday follow….but here 🙂
Wow……that is terrible! So many people drive them in NYC, they're the new "in" thing…….not I….just too small for a family gal :-)where on earth would I put the car seats? and the possy of stuffed animals that inevitably wind up in my van?…….and the ridiculous amount of french fries that are under the seat of my oversized mommy mobile? 😉 They just aren't safe, they should take those thing's off the road!

Could you follow me back?:-)
Have a great weekend!

14 Holly September 30, 2010 at 9:25 am

HOLY COW!!! Neither truck probably even SAW that little thing!! The one accident I was in, I was grateful I was in a Suburban!!! (It was the only thing that we could fit the family in and pull our camping trailer… Now I drive a Toyota Corolla.

They probably couldn't even FIND that driver. EWWW… I am SO grateful for emergency personnel! However, I could never BE ONE! YIKES!! And a policeman at a wedding I was shooting once told me I'd be a great crime scene photographer because I was shooting all the details of the wedding… NO WAY!!!