So today is Tell The Truth Thursday
Did you write your post? If so, make sure you put it in the MckLinky below so that everyone can visit your blog to read your “truth” today. The question is:
What traits/characteristics (in order of importance) do you find desirable in a companion and why?
I guess the only way you can get in trouble with this one is if all the traits you list are absent in your husband/wife. As Ricky Ricardo would say, you would “have some splainin’ to do.”
The easiest way for me to do this is in a list in order:
- Worships God – basically I feel that if someone loves God and wants to live his commandments, their life will reflect “Godly” actions. He would not verbally or physically abuse me or my children. He would be filled with love, compassion and tolerance.
- Loves my family – my family is where I began my life. In spite of our differences, they are my family. I am a product of my family. Love me, love my family.
- Is intelligent – He doesn’t have to be Einstein, but I don’t want to have to give the definition of five letter words. I find intelligence to be very sexy! I want someone to understand the things I learn and find interest in the exciting secrets of life that I discover while studying.
- Enjoys activities with me and my family – I believe that everyone should have “a life of their own” and hobbies that they enjoy apart from one another. However, I want to spend time doing fun things together. Growing together. Learning each other. Laughing and crying together. If we are not together on our path to older age, we will wake up one day and find that not only don’t we know each other, but we don’t like each other either. We will have grown completely apart in different directions. That would be too sad.
- Ambitious – I love to learn. I love to know things. I enjoy improving myself and my skills. I want someone who also is ambitious in learning and improvement. I want to work together to meet goals and feel that accomplishment together.
There’s my list! Now it is your turn!
Put your blog’s link in the MckLinky below so we can visit you.
Thanks for being part of Tell The Truth Thursday!