Stabbed Over A Doughnut

by Sherry Riter in Product

Krispy Kreme doughnuts
Click the image for a visual pleasure brimming on euphoria

Doughnuts bring me pleasure…when I get to eat them. Here’s a little math – A cookie is to the Cookie Monster as a doughnut is to The Redhead Riter. That makes my relationship with the tantalizing treat very clear.

So imagine my dismay and shock when I heard that someone was stabbed because of a doughnut. According to Fox News (click here for news story direct from Fox) a 17 year old Fayetteville, North Carolina teenager (Robert Wallace) stabbed his 16 year old classmate (Teonia Brinson) in the stomach Wednesday morning because Wallace refused to sell Brinson a doughnut.

doughnut on a plateAs crazed as I become when I smell, see, or think about doughnuts, I can assure you that stabbing the store clerk never crosses my mind. If someone refused to sell a doughnut to me at the store, I would simply leave or elevate it to the manager.

So Brinson was treated and released at the hospital. Although her wounds were not life threatening, I’m sure she will carry the mark of a “doughnut stabbing” for the rest of her existence! Can’t you hear her telling her children, “Oh, and this scar is when I was stabbed for a doughnut.”

Wallace, on the other hand, had to pay a $2,000 bond and was released. I’m sure he is looking forward to that trial. What is his defense going to say? How can you justify stabbing someone for a doughnut? What are people thinking?!!

spinning doughnutI must admit, the smell of fresh, hot doughnuts does almost mesmerize my senses. My mouth begins to salivate, my eyes “glaze” over, and my spirits begin to “rise” with each luscious, delectable, scrumptious bite. Obviously, I have to eat more than one doughnut to fill the “hole” or satisfy the craving. The last time I had doughnuts, I ate seven glazed. Mmmmmm…so yummy! I know Mom, it is bad for my diabetes, but sometimes I just have to have something sweet!

How many doughnuts can you eat at one time?

“Between the optimist and the pessimist,
the difference is droll.
The optimist sees the doughnut;
the pessimist the hole!”
~Oscar Wilde~

1 blueviolet December 14, 2009 at 3:13 am

That's a crazy story! I'm guessing I could eat 3 doughnuts if I was really hungry!

2 ? Teresa ? December 14, 2009 at 5:39 am

Oh. My. Goodness! That picture stopped me in my tracks!! I absolutely LOVE Krispy Kreme Donuts with a passion! No other donuts compare. I will state right now that K.K. donuts rate right up there with, um….well, um, never mind. Let's just say I REALLY, REALLY love them! 8^) I can only eat 2 at once but it isn't long before I can put another couple away. They are just so divine! I wouldn't stab anyone for a donut but I might take a scar for one! :0) Just kidding. But I do love them!

I hope you are doing ok. I also hope your friend and her children are still hanging in there. They are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Teresa <><

3 Anonymous December 14, 2009 at 6:25 am

you forgot to tell every one you ate 12 when you were a teen ager and even since,lol. it is your life if you want to die eating donuts , who am i, just your mom.

4 chrisy bates December 14, 2009 at 6:36 am

Outrageous story! I guess since cop and donut relationships, the guy should get "capital" punishment?!

I normally can eat 2 donuts…but alot more if I am on a sugar craving binge.

5 Clueless_Mama December 14, 2009 at 8:36 am

I hadn't heard that story. That is just horrible! I have to admit, I love a good glazed donut too. I could probably eat 4 if I really wanted to pig out. They would have to be a really good donut though.

6 Karen & Gerard Zemek December 14, 2009 at 11:31 am

I love donuts too and used to eat two or three every Friday when we had them at work until I went to a breast cancer support group and saw they were specifically on the "no no" food list:

7 Oh Sew Good December 14, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Oh dear! Borderline ridiculous. I remember visiting a KK store and they would give you a fresh donut, hot off the press. 🙂 Thankfully, I don't live near a donut shop anymore. 🙂

8 Teresha@Marlie and Me December 14, 2009 at 5:08 pm

I'm not a big fan of doughnuts (spelled Donuts in NE Texas), but I've been known to pull over when I see that HOT NOW neon sign flashing. Cupcakes are my weakness…I might stab someone over a cupcake.

9 Tracy December 14, 2009 at 7:44 pm

The person who did the stabbing must have mental problems or there's more to the story about the two students relationship.

As far as donuts, I like em but can't eat more than one or I get to feeling sick to my stomach.

10 Shop with Me Mama December 14, 2009 at 10:17 pm

YUM!!!! I can eat more than my fair share that is for sure 🙂

11 Helen McGinn December 14, 2009 at 11:11 pm

An expensive doughnut, isn't it?

*sorry if 2 comments come up; the first one is away looking for a doughnut I think….

12 WhisperingWriter December 15, 2009 at 4:45 am

Crazy story.

Now I'm aching for a donut. I love those things.