It was never my intention to upset my mother. She has cried all day much to my dismay. My mother does not know Sophia. Knowing her at this point is irrelevant. The unhappiness that I started to speak of with yesterday’s posting brought back too many hurtful memories for Mom. I think she relived them all today. I’m sorry I didn’t forewarn you Mom. You are and have always been a wonderful woman…worthy of being loved and adored.
My plan was to spread Sophia’s story over several weeks so that you could digest and contemplate it. I was going to intersperse “happy” postings between the more serious posts. That is no longer the plan. I will continue her story tomorrow and keep posting until it is completed. I hope you will follow along. You may not suffer from an abusive spouse, but as evidenced in the comments on yesterday’s post, there are people that touch our lives when we least expect it who have lived this terrible unhappiness.
I pray that our children are wiser than us all and never stay in a home filled with abuse.
Tonight I will continue with the “happy” posting I had planned. I will meet you all back here tomorrow with Sophia.
Before I get into the specifics, let me say that I am often uplifted, taught, informed, or amused by not only your replies on my blog, but on the postings of your blogs. I read the blogs of women all over the world with talents that amaze me daily. So I am humbled and excited that you choose to read my blog and furthermore, continuously bestow lovely awards and compliments my way.
and I do like to pass the day with you
in serious and inconsequential chatter.
I wouldn’t mind washing up beside you,
dusting beside you,
reading the back half of the paper
while you read the front.
We are friends and I would miss you,
do miss you and think of you very often.”
Mamahood, Among Other Things at http://buckeroomama.blogspot.com and And then there was me… at http://artisticallynuts.blogspot.com each gave me the Superior Scribbler award which basically means that they enjoy my writing a.k.a. scribbles. I’m so glad that they do!
These are the rules of the award:
- Each Superior Scribbler I name today must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving bloggy friends.
- Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
- Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog.
- Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
In the spirit of this award I am sending it over to:
- Bombshell Bliss
- Life With Special K’s
- INfertile Myrtyle
- The Love Shack
- Happily Ever After
- Suecae Sounds
- The Good Man Blog
- Oh Sew Good
Marlie and Me at http://marlieandmommy.blogspot.com gave me the Honest Scrap award which comes with the stipulation that I reveal 10 facts you don’t know about me:
- I wanted to be a nurse, but I faint at the sight of blood.
- I wanted 12 children.
- I want a cow.
- I love school and could be a professional student if I was rich.
- I hate car payments and will drive my car until it completely falls apart which it has no sign of doing and we are sliding into year eleven.
- I sing like a dying cow.
- My high school biology teacher made the crudest redhead remark I had or have ever experienced and completely humiliated me in front of the entire class.
- I used to hate putting the flatware in the drawer until I removed the plastic separator and let all the flatware party together “undivided” completely stressing out my entire family and extended family because it “just isn’t the way the drawer is supposed to be arranged.” That’s the point, it isn’t arranged any more!
- I love flannel sheets, freshly laundered and wrinkle-free on the bed.
Now I’m sending it over to:
- My Messy Paradise
- Thoughtfully Blended Hearts
- That Girl Blogs
- The Lilac Grove
- Red Writing
- Life With Kaishon
- Her Southern Heart
- A Forest Frolic
- Unknown Mami
- All That and a Box of Rocks
- Just Me, My Soldier, and Our 2 Little Chicks
- it ain’t easy being cheesy
- The Mother Load
Blue Cotton Memory at http://bluecottonmemory.wordpress.com gave me a very sweet Friendship award that touched my heart.
“This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to six bloggers who must choose six more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.” I’m going to give this award to:
- Sixty Is Just The Beginning
- (Mis)Adventures in Theatre
- Marlie and Me
- Decisionally Challenged
- Yaya Stuff
- Too Many Heartbeats
- Kamp KK
- Gamma Sharon’s Life
- Keep In Touch With Mommakin
- Scrappy Girl
Yeah, I know…I totally can’t count. Anyone have an abacus?