Raindrops On Roses

by Sherry Riter in Lessons of Life,Love,Motivation

“Love comes to those who still hope
even though they’ve been disappointed,
to those who still believe
even though they’ve been betrayed,
to those who still love
even though they’ve been hurt before.”

raindrops on pavement

raining on red rose

full red rose with raindrops

“To love is to
risk not being loved in return.
To hope is to risk pain.
To try is to risk failure,
but risk must be taken because
the greatest hazard in life
is to risk nothing.”

kissing couple in park

pink rosebud with raindrops

full pink rose with raindrops

“May the love hidden deep
inside your heart
find the love waiting
in your dreams.
May the laughter that you find
in your tomorrow
wipe away the pain you find
in your yesterdays.”

love in the rain
white rose with raindrops

“Let your love be like
the misty rains,
coming softly,
but flooding the river.”

kissing in the rain

My other blogs.
Your blog may be listed on one of them!

1 Symphony of Love October 24, 2009 at 2:20 am

Beautiful words and pictures! I am one who believe that love will come as long as we still believe in it. So every time I heard someone says they had given up on love, I felt so sad for them.

2 Judy Harper October 24, 2009 at 3:55 am

This is too cool! The rain falling! Wow! I would like to know how some day, but it's taken me since Wednesday, the 21st, to finally work out the award buttons. Beautiful pictures! I'm going over to the journal to respond to the button problem. Man, this post is great! The pictures of the roses make me want to reach out and shake off the water!

3 Lauren October 24, 2009 at 5:17 am

LOVE. This. Post. !!!

So simple. So beautiful.

I'm hoping very much love will come my way soon.

4 Paula October 24, 2009 at 7:46 am

This is gorgeous and reminds me a little of my favorite song in the musical Rent:
I can't control
My destiny
I trust my soul
My only goal is just
To be
There's only now
There's only here
Give in to love
Or live in fear
No other path
No other way
No day but today…

5 Emma Hughes October 24, 2009 at 8:18 am

lovely post. love it!

stopping by from sits. have a great weekend.

6 farfalla October 24, 2009 at 10:53 am

You show how wonderful rain can be… Thank you very much! You show how wonderful rain can be… Thank you very much! Many greetings Jana

7 Possum October 24, 2009 at 12:19 pm

Such a beautiful post.

8 Oh Sew Good October 24, 2009 at 12:36 pm

Well those are some beautiful ways of looking at the rain. I don't always have those sentiments when I want to go to a ball game and it's pouring rain outside. Good thoughts for today though. 🙂

9 Yaya October 24, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Beautiful pictures. I LOVE the Notebook. I should watch that this weekend.

10 Teresha@Marlie and Me October 24, 2009 at 2:16 pm

I have always wanted to recreate that kissing from The Notebook and the one from Say Anything. I love standing in the rain!

11 Drahdrah October 24, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Simply beautiful, both the words and pictures. Thanks for this… you just made my day !

12 Millennium Housewife October 24, 2009 at 7:39 pm

you are AMAZING! Beautiful words, beautiful pictures, a fantastic evocative post, I am humbled.

13 PJ December 14, 2009 at 3:22 am

What gorgeous poetry and pictures! After 23+ years of marriage (3rd time around) I have grown complacent or "comfortable" if you will, in our relationship it does my heart good to see a post like this because it reminds me not necessarily of this marriage, because I unfortunately brought baggage, but of the romance of what it was like when I was in love for the first time.

It's nice to believe that there is actually that kind of close love out there.

14 Tea and Toast Book Reviews January 25, 2010 at 2:46 pm

The combination of poetry, pictures of roses, and being in the rain is very effective in making one remember the romantic times in their lives. Very beautiful.

15 Cynthia Schuerr March 14, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Oh my gosh, I am in awe of this post. Beautiful words and the pictures bring up such emotion in me. The roses are lovely and I love listening to the rain. One of my very favorite movies is The Notebook. I'm embarrassed to say how many times I've watched it. And sobbed every time. This made my day!