Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes

by Sherry Riter in Alyssa,Art  ,Women Stuff

Do you remember Dorothy’s Ruby Red Slippers from the Wizard of Oz?

Dorothy's Red Slippers from the Wizard of Oz

When I was a little girl I loved the movie, dreamed about meeting The Great Oz and wanted Ruby Slippers. The shoes could repel the Wicked Witch of the West’s touch and teleport the user to any location by just clicking the heels together. One of the main takeaways from the movie was Dorothy chanting, “There’s no place like home. There’s no place like home. There’s no place like home.”

Wouldn’t it be great to have a pair of shoes like that for your child?

Well, when the baby needs a new pair of shoes for a special date, mama has to go shopping!

Let me show you what we found.

Chic Boutique
A bit too sexy for my 16 year old .

She said, “I don’t really want a buckle.”

“Oh Mom. No. Those are hooker shoes.”
Hmmmm. I like those shoes.
I think I’ll keep that to myself.

The studs are great for jeans,
but not for a formal black dress.

Bruce Gray sculptor
Not a real shoe.
What is that man wearing on his feet?
Oh my gosh…his toenails are painted!

Well, she decided on a pair that mama found…definitely a pair of Ruby Red Slippers.

I have to say that they look a bit more sexy than Dorothy’s shoes, but maybe if the heels are clicked together the shoes will bring the baby home!

Gianni Bini Red Shoes
Gianni Bini

Do you want to see my Ruby Red Shoes, I mean Slippers?

My feet revolted.

They picketed against me and I had to concede.

The only Ruby Red Slippers my feet will allow me to have are…

for my ears.

Where’s the The Great Oz?

I need to ask him something.

Win $100 in prizes —-> here if you guess my name —->here

1 Kristen Andrews October 30, 2009 at 2:49 am

what a fun post!

2 KK October 30, 2009 at 5:15 am

I do love red shoes…and purses….and clothes… 🙂

3 Stacey October 30, 2009 at 6:19 am

Dropping by via Yaya. I love red shoes but it's been ages since I've attempted to cram my sausages into a pair of heels. I'm happy just to see them in pictures.

4 Oh Sew Good October 30, 2009 at 11:08 am

My ankles and back hurt just looking at those heals. I can just imagine how much more they'd hurt if I actually put them on and tried to walk in them. Youch! 🙂

5 Judy Harper October 30, 2009 at 12:18 pm

I love red shoes, as a matter of fact, I'm wearing a pair today! Minus the heels! What we use to call "ballerina" style, flats with no heel. Don't you just love the special shopping events with your daughter? Of course, mine would shop and shop till I would say, "unless you find what you want, we're going home!" Now she's 40 and lives in Oklahoma! Great post, it was fun!

6 Tammy Howard October 30, 2009 at 1:05 pm

I like the ones you liked, too, but wouldn't wear them for love or money… (I liked most of them, actually…) Love the ones she chose! The squared toe is cool!

7 Peterson Family October 30, 2009 at 3:19 pm

What a great post! I love the Wizard of Oz and I those red shoes. (I want the Gianni Bini shoes the most out of all those! Some of the heels on those would cause me to injure myself!)

8 Teresha@Marlie and Me October 30, 2009 at 5:49 pm

I have to agree with Alyssa, those ForPlay stilettos do look like hooker shoes, ha ha! I love the pair she got! have a good time at the ball Cinderella!

9 Mammatalk October 30, 2009 at 9:18 pm

Red shoes, red purse, red lips. I love it!

10 Helen McGinn October 30, 2009 at 11:09 pm

Oh, now I want those shoes! They are lovely and totally what I would pick. I never got my Dorothy shoes as a kid…. :O(

11 Tracy October 30, 2009 at 11:11 pm

Beautiful shoes; but definitely for when you won't be on your feet walking much

12 Yaya October 30, 2009 at 11:44 pm

Oooooh! Great red shoes! I mean, they're no orange shoes or anything, but a close second. 😉

Wait til you see pics of the 1 year old I nanny for on Halloween. She's gonna be Dorothy!!!

13 Vickie October 31, 2009 at 1:09 am

I love the shoes that you finally pick! Though I can't wear high heals. I don't know how to walk right in the shoes. I know…I should practice:)

Also I saw at Yaya's that your blogroll is very organized so I thought I would take a better look at it. You have me listed in the crafting roll!! Thank you!!

14 Shawn October 31, 2009 at 3:19 am

I do love shoes—and red ones especially—and it makes me realize that I could use another dressy pair….hmmmmm.

15 theTsaritsa July 15, 2010 at 12:57 am

I love the shoes that she picked! Red heels are my faves 🙂

By the way, those aren't "hooker" heels, they're stripper heels. There's a difference!

16 MaryB September 11, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Those are adorable! I love the square toe. Some people say that "red shoes are for children and whores" but I disagree. I have several pairs of red shoes that I adore. And I'm neither a child nor a whore. 🙂