by Sherry Riter in New Home

White is often related to purity and cleanness. I love the “cleanliness” of white especially when it dominates a room with style.

Is white boring?

After a while, if you have too much white, it can get boring if it is all alone.

Sometimes a little contrast with black can make all the difference.

1 Melissa July 17, 2009 at 4:32 am

I think white rooms can look really classy, but like you said, too much white gets really boring! Plus with a 3 year old and a little one one the way… Not to mention a dog and a messy husband, white scares me!

2 PictureGirl July 17, 2009 at 4:54 am

I whole heartedly agree!
You won me over with your third white picture and then you turned me back around with the black!
Just wanted to stop in and say Hi and say thanks for coming by my blog.
I've been looking around and you have a great blog. I'll be back.

3 Kimberly July 17, 2009 at 5:09 am

I love the white because it hides the white and blond hair ALWAYS shedding around here 🙂

4 Lee July 17, 2009 at 5:20 am

I love white too, but with little kids and a big dog…looks like no white in my future!!

5 ~Bobbi~ July 17, 2009 at 6:57 am

Love those rooms! I couldn't have them with 4 kids, but I think they are beautiful!

Thanks for visiting me. I saw you on the SITS blogroll. I think you were #3. Good job!

6 Lisa Petrarca July 17, 2009 at 7:03 am

I love white, but it SCARES me! I'm a spiller…white doesn't like me very much!

7 bluecottonmemory July 17, 2009 at 7:15 am

oooOOHHH! I love those white rooms! I want one. I don't think my boys would feel very manly in them, but I want one!

8 Little Nut Tree July 17, 2009 at 10:28 am

Hi from SITS (and stopping by as you visited me yesterday). I like your blog. White is good but not with small kids I think. Our house is mostly white – tiled floors and white walls, and that is ok. Tiles clean up nice.
Also I'm one of the 2% who think I'm beautiful! (Whether others agree is another matter! lol)

9 Dreamgirl July 17, 2009 at 10:33 am

No, white is NOT boring – you just proved that!

Loved your pictures. Found you through SÏTS and I'll be back!

Please come visit me too…

Have a great weekend!

10 Tammy Howard July 17, 2009 at 10:42 am

Oh, those rooms are beautiful. the contrast ain't bad, either. 😉

11 Yummy Mammy July 17, 2009 at 11:09 am

I love white, house, furniture, clothes, everything. However I have a child that simply can not stay clean for longer than 30 seconds so whenever I wear white the child is ordered to stay at least 10 feet away from me.

And I love George!!!! xx

12 JanMary July 17, 2009 at 11:33 am

Thanks for visiting N Ireland and my blog.

Love those dreamy white decor photos, and the last one ain't too bad either!

13 Courtney D July 17, 2009 at 11:40 am

Love the white bedrooms! I would of course accessorize with a little of the Clooney (preferably in nude!).

14 Aleta July 17, 2009 at 12:03 pm

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I like white. But umm, some of those pictures are a little too white and I'd be afraid to feel comfortable in the room, would I track something in from my shoes, would I spill something, etc.

15 Jingle July 17, 2009 at 12:04 pm

I LOVE white decor! I am always drawn to gorgeous white bedding and then my husband gently reminds me that we have two VERY BLACK LABS! LOL! So, I can't have much white in my home, but these photos make me happy!

16 Christina Lee July 17, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Ahhh, serenity!!!

17 confused homemaker July 17, 2009 at 1:31 pm

I love white it has such a crisp look. I wish I could have it around the house more, but my kids would destroy it. Ok, not just the kids I'm also a total klutz.

18 Klambat July 17, 2009 at 2:00 pm

I agree, excellent pictures of whites. I always wanted to have to decorate my house with only black and white, with only the television is colour.

19 Multiple personalities.. July 17, 2009 at 2:48 pm

I love white! I think it looks clean and refreshing. The walls in every home I've had has been white, and my bedroom furniture is white. And of course, a hint of dark contrast can be very elegant..especially if the dark contrast is George Clooney! ha ha! Thanks for sharing these photos, they're beautiful.

20 Michele July 17, 2009 at 3:02 pm

I love the simple, clean look of a white room. I can't stand clutter-I need a clear space in order to think. I like the simple white for a bedroom…feminine without being too girlie for my husband.

Love these pictures! So inspirational! I want to run off and decorate now.

21 Lee July 17, 2009 at 3:08 pm

Hey! I don't know if you follow your comments when a comment is responded to, but couldn't respond by email, so if you click on the blingy button…the comment one right?? It will take you to her blog and she has some great freebies, all coded and ready to go! Love that you comment and you always make me feel so durn good!

22 cgw @ accidentally, kle July 17, 2009 at 3:14 pm

i dont think i'd ever get tired of white, but a contrast is nice. LOL love your 'contrast' picture 😉 oh yes! i'd have THAT contrast any day 😉

23 Genny July 17, 2009 at 3:19 pm

I used to have an all-white bathroom, but then I changed it. Looking at those pictures makes me want to change it back!

Stopping by from SITS.

24 Lemonade Makin' Mama July 17, 2009 at 3:21 pm

This is hilarious!! Love the contrast. (wink)

25 carma July 17, 2009 at 4:33 pm

All that's missing from the George Clooney pic is some Crocs 😉

And I lurve all the white!!

26 {leah} July 17, 2009 at 4:36 pm

I'm really liking that man in the white rooms… where can I get some of that?

thanks for stopping by my blog

27 Lani July 17, 2009 at 4:57 pm

I love the look of white- clean, classy, energetic. I will not have any white rooms for a long long time though wiht my three 20-month olds running around!

28 Shelley Kimberly - my avatar is my online identity - me incognito July 17, 2009 at 5:23 pm

Thanks for dropping by my blog!

29 Transparent Mama July 17, 2009 at 5:28 pm

I love white, but with four boys it is a bit out of the question in my home. Maybe dishes? Thanks for the comment love on my blog.

30 Debbie in Nashville July 17, 2009 at 6:38 pm

Love the clean look of the rooms but I would never be able to live like that. So maybe it's not a bad thing after all!

31 Joanna July 17, 2009 at 7:19 pm

I love the pictures! However there is no way I could live in that because I have 3 boys. Hmm, white shows YELLOW off really well. 😉

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

32 Darcel July 17, 2009 at 9:23 pm

I thought all of those rooms were beautiful and elegant. I wouldn't have a white room in my house though. I LOVED the last pic of the bathtub.

p.s. I've added you to my sidebar for Blogs I Love 🙂

Have a Great weekend!

33 Pam July 17, 2009 at 11:29 pm

I think white rooms look chic and sophisticated. They just don't stay that way at my house with the kids and cats.

34 Fruitful Vine2 July 17, 2009 at 11:51 pm

Those photos are absolutely stunning!

35 Controlling My Chaos July 18, 2009 at 1:10 am

Oh yeah! Put George Clooney in that room and everything brightens up.

36 Lady Di July 18, 2009 at 2:11 am

I loved these pictures. How wonderful it would be if I could have rooms that looked like that (especially with the George Clooney accessory). However, I am married to a farmer and my children have dust clouds around them everywhere they go (think Pig Pen from Peanuts) so white and any other color that is not black (joking, it's not THAT bad, but almost) is out of the question.

37 Navyvet July 18, 2009 at 2:33 am

this was just moms thing, which model do i get for christmas

38 Rbarakat July 18, 2009 at 4:52 am

That white wouldn't last 5 minutes in my house! So many pretty pics, but my fav is George Clooney!

39 Night Owl Mama July 18, 2009 at 6:30 am

lOVE IT the don johnson look woo owhoo

40 julochka July 18, 2009 at 9:39 am

to me, white is so swedish. 🙂

41 Unknown Mami July 18, 2009 at 11:22 pm

White on white can be a little too much for me sometimes, but I really like the idea of darker walls with all white furniture. It looks great in the picture.

42 Jennifer Juniper July 19, 2009 at 2:06 pm

It's funny, I was just looking at my bedroom and thinking that next summer, I'm switching out the bedding and curtains for white to brighten up for the summer. That photo with the white bed and the tan wall (just like my wall) has me convinced. Thanks!

43 Deva84 August 3, 2009 at 8:16 pm

OMG! I love white! I'm in white love right now! and this pics are too beautiful!

44 Judy Harper October 13, 2009 at 1:03 am

White rooms are okay, but I do like some color!

45 Eileen June 24, 2010 at 11:20 pm

Let there be white! that's my motto, especially after seeing that white suit on that guy with the brown hair!!

46 MaryB September 11, 2010 at 9:30 pm

I think that white is beautiful and not at all boring but I think I'll wait until my daughter is about 30 before I buy a white couch! George Clooney could wear just about anything he wants and not be boring…

47 Jen October 2, 2010 at 2:44 am

I love the color white – especially in the bedroom photos you posted, but I've always been afraid of adding too much and it just looking bland. I don't know though, these pics are gorgeous!