Cool, Hmm, Fun, Ick, Wow, Yum, Oh!

by Sherry Riter in Different

Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns
in order to look at things in a different way.

~Edward de Bono~

Cool…I’m sure you haven’t ever seen ANYTHING like this before…art MADE FROM PENCILS. Really! Look close at this photo…Pencils! Click the photo to see the other art pieces. Too cool!

Hmm…After yesterday’s “heavy” message, I thought I would have a few fun things that I have found. Just click the pictures to go to the original website…

One of my favorite things is…

Fun…There is also a map that you click all the states and countries you have visited. As you can tell, I have visited 76% of the United States (the reds are the states I’ve visited)! I’m too scared of “Jaws” to fly across the ocean and I get DESPERATELY air sick. I’m the person that the airlines provides those little bags for that you find located in the seat pocket in front of your seat. I’m not fun to sit next to on an airplane, so I can’t imagine trying to survive eight or nine hours…uuugggghhhh. Let’s not think about that…LOL…I would love to see your completed maps too!

States I’ve Visited

Ick…This is one of the strangest sculptures I have ever seen…Vomiting Fountain Sculpture, London, UK. There are nineteen other very strange sculptures on a site called Village of Joy

Wow…I would love to see this in person, but of course, there is that big huge ocean that I would have to fly over in an hour plane and I am sure Jaws would just be waiting for me! WoZoCo, Amsterdam-Osdorp, Holland

Yum…I’m not sure anyone loves gum as much as Maurizio Savini.

Oh…Like I promised, my internet friends, nothing too heavy today! I can’t leave without a motivational thought today…and don’t forget that it is all up to YOU!…

I hope you have a FANTASTIC DAY!

1 Kimberly July 15, 2009 at 4:33 am

That pencil sunflower is awesome!

2 Kathryn July 15, 2009 at 4:50 am

Thanks for commenting! That is a pretty cool picture at the top with the pencils! Never seen anything like it.

Thanks for commenting by the way and I like what you said about plot and I totally agree!

3 Heather July 15, 2009 at 11:13 am

I first looked that the pencil flower and thought "That's kind of an ugly flower, it's too sharp looking." Then I actually looked it and read what you wrote. Turns out it's supposed to be sharp looking and it's not at all ugly!

I haven't visited that many states at all. I've visited every state on the east coast, from Maine to Florida (mainly because I live in Maine, Florida and Mass). And my Europe map would just be England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. I love to travel but don't get to much (that's what happens with life after college).

4 Pam July 15, 2009 at 12:39 pm

I have got to admit, I am glad that vomiting statue is not in my town!

5 Rachel July 15, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Thanks, fellow redhead, for stopping in to see me and the pack. Cool that you have been to Alaska and Hawaii. I used to live in Alaska… haven't made it to Hawaii yet. Or are the white the ones you haven't seen?

6 Teresha and Damon July 15, 2009 at 1:30 pm

That vomit fountain just takes the cake!

7 Scrappy Girl July 15, 2009 at 1:38 pm

I really like the pencils.

Wow…I have only been to WV, OH, MD, VA, KY, TN, FL, SC, NC, PA, TX, GA, and Arkansas.

8 AB HOME Interiors July 15, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Love the pencil art. And how cool would it be to live in a house that looks like it hangs by a thread?? Way cool. Not sure about a pink bear….maybe I should open up my horizons!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 Tammy Howard July 15, 2009 at 1:52 pm

I've been to 47 of the contiguous 48 states. I'm missing Oklahoma. Ever since I came to that realization I've had a serious jones to go to Oklahoma. Also lots of Canada and a little bit of western Europe. But all of that was long ago – I've pretty much stuck to the east coast for the last 20 years.

10 Multiple personalities.. July 15, 2009 at 1:54 pm

There is some fascinating artwork here! I'm a little creeped out by the fountain of the guy's head…but I love the pencil art and the buildings in Holland. Thanks for sharing these!

11 Peterson Family July 15, 2009 at 2:11 pm

That pencil pic is really cool!

12 Jenn July 15, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Those are pretty cool. Especially the pencil art.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

13 missy July 15, 2009 at 6:36 pm

awesome pictures……..
and you have never been to iowa?!!?!?!?!?{WHAT???}
love the fridge magnets!!!!!!

14 Beth July 15, 2009 at 7:15 pm

Ooohh I love the pencil picture….and the gum bear is neat too.

15 Melissa July 15, 2009 at 7:46 pm

I like the vomiting fountain. I think it's hilarious! And I love your motivational thought. Very cool

16 Chris July 15, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Who would have thought something so beautiful could come from pencils.

17 Spirit Jump July 15, 2009 at 9:31 pm

Love the pencil sun flower!

Stopping by from SITS to invite to our Getaway Giveaway, 2 Round Trip Airline tickets & a Sweet Spot Pink Putter.

18 Andrea July 15, 2009 at 10:42 pm

Hey, thanks for stopping by! I love the pencil sculpture. And the vomiting sculpture definitely made me laugh.

19 Holly@MotherIsNotConcerned July 16, 2009 at 1:13 am

I showed your post to my 6-year-old. He loves the sculptures on Village of Joy.

20 Two Pretty Little Skirts July 16, 2009 at 2:28 am

I love this post! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it today. blah.
I appreciate you stoppin by and commenting on my vandalizm post. What a crazy world we are living in eh?

21 the ungourmet July 17, 2009 at 12:24 am

I really love that pencil flower! I think it would scare me to live in those condos!

Thanks for hopping onto my blog today! :0)

22 Debbie in Nashville July 17, 2009 at 6:49 pm

Great images!

The first image is from one of my FAVORITE artists Jennifer Mastre!!

Love her website:
and great Etsy shop:

23 Michelle July 20, 2009 at 2:51 am

Oh I've seen all that pencil art somewhere before. Some people have far more patient than I am 😉

That gum and the fountain though? Yeah, sorta ick to me! And I would probably have a problem with that Amsterdam apartment building. What a neat concept but freaky to live in — for me at least.

24 Tina August 26, 2009 at 5:44 pm

hee hee great minds think alike with the sculpture!?
how freaky is that on the same day!

the first pic of pencils is cool. on first glance i didnt know till i read!

Tina from
Mummy Diaries
Game FreakZ
Gossip Avenue
Travel Shack

25 Judy Harper October 13, 2009 at 12:38 am

I definitely agree with you on the ICK, vomiting sculpture! Really! #6

26 Yaya November 9, 2009 at 7:30 pm

I just love those pencil sculptures.

27 the jilted ballerina September 14, 2010 at 10:49 pm

amazing the things that can be transformed into art