Getting enough calcium for strong bones is important for all women which is why I’m sharing this product information with you. The most important woman in my life is my sweet daughter, Alyssa. I want her to keep her bones strong now and later to help prevent all kinds of health problems. If you have a daughter, you know how hard it is to ensure she eats a balanced diet and gets enough calcium in her diet. Even when you talk about building strong bones for the future, sometimes they are so busy that they just don’t grasp the importance of the whole calcium issue.
Did you know that 86% of teenage girls have calcium-deficient diets and 68% percent of adult women are calcium deficient? For teen girls, however, this deficiency comes at a crucial time for bone health, since 95% of bone building occurs by the time she’s 20!
There is a delicious way to add calcium to the diets of all the women in your family. Viactiv is the #1 doctor-recommended calcium chew and it doesn’t leave a vitamin aftertaste. Actually, Viactiv are individually-wrapped, deliciously-tasting calcium chews that come in milk chocolate and caramel flavors! Alyssa and I just love chocolate!
14 Calcium And Viactiv Facts
It is so very important to have enough calcium in your diet and it can’t be stressed enough because obviously we are not getting enough for our bodies to remain healthy according to research. Sometimes I guess I’m like a broken record when talking to Alyssa…”Did you eat breakfast? What did you eat? Did you take your vitamins? Don’t forget how important good nutrition is now and later in your life. You will feel so much better if you use good supplements. Don’t forget, someday you are going to get old and you want to make sure you have strong bones so take plenty of calcium!” Yeah, like I said, you just can’t stress it enough. So, let me share a few calcium and Viactiv facts with you:
- Two Viactiv Calcium Soft Chews taken daily provides 100% of the daily value of calcium for most women plus vitamins D3 & K. They are intended to help achieve recommended daily dietary levels of these nutrients as a supplement to diet/food sources
- Each Viactiv Calcium Soft Chew is individually wrapped, making it easy to toss into a gym bag, purse, or lunch bag, plus easy to share.
- Viactiv Calcium Soft Chews are available in delicious milk chocolate and caramel flavors.
- Viactiv Calcium Soft Chews are available at Walmart, Rite Aid, CVS, Target, Walgreens and drugstore.com
- Viactiv helps you obtain an adequate daily dose of calcium.
- Viactiv can supplement your diet when it doesn’t include enough calcium.
- In a recent federal survey, only 15 percent of high school students drink milk; only 9% of them were teen girls.
- A 2009 Pediatrics study found that low Vitamin D levels are especially common among girls, adolescents and people with darker skin, according to the analysis of a nationally representative sample of more than 6,000 children. (59 percent of African American teenage girls were Vitamin D deficient). Vitamin D is needed to absorb calcium from food sources (Viactiv has vitamin D, as well as calcium in the formula).
- If your body is not getting enough calcium it begins to take it from the bones, decreasing bone mineral density which can eventually lead to osteopenia and osteoporosis.
- Calcium plays an important role in strengthening bones and teeth, as well as helping muscles (including the heart) and nerves function properly.
- Many published studies show that low calcium intake throughout life is associated with low bone mass and high fracture rates as we age.
- Calcium isn’t manufactured in the body, so it must be introduced by outside sources (diet, supplements).
- The majority of Americans do not receive the amount of calcium needed daily based on diet alone.
- Females are born with lower bone density than men which creates a higher need for daily calcium intake; however, most women receive only half of their RDA calcium in their daily diets.
A Viactiv Giveaway
Viactiv is celebrating their 15th birthday with a fantastic Birthday Bash by offering a wonderful giveaway on the Viactiv FACEBOOK page! They will share exercises, bone building tips and more from a registered dietician nutritionist. There will be 15 monthly winners in the giveaway announced on the 15th of each month! You could be one of the winners to receive two (2) canisters of Viactiv Calcium Soft Chews in the flavor of your choice, so hurry over to their Facebook page and enter to win! The drawings will be on 4/15, 5/15, 6/15 and 7/15 which means there will be 60 total winners!
How much did you know about the importance of calcium and if you have a daughter, did you try to pass good nutrition habits down to your teen daughter by stressing her daily calcium levels?
Get the latest information on Viactiv® Calcium Soft Chews at www.viactiv.com. #ViactivYoursandHers
This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation that contains affiliate links. I received two full-sized canisters of Viactiv® Calcium Soft Chews and a picture frame for my own personal use. All opinions, text and experiences are my own.