Over the years I’ve written some posts directed specifically towards our 4th of July celebrations:
So it just makes sense that today I would give some fireworks safety tips!
Top 11 Fireworks Safety Tips
- Buy fireworks from an established vendor.
- Read the directions before using fireworks.
- Do not pick up fireworks after they have been burned because they could still be active.
- Discard used fireworks properly which means soaking them in water before putting them in the trash.
- Wear properly fitting eye protection.
- Do not carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Sparklers are fireworks and can burn or blind someone if not used with caution.
- Use fireworks outside in a large open area only and away from children, pets, dry vegetation or buildings.
- Follow all fireworks laws for your county, city and state.
- Keep water hose, bucket of water and wet towels near in case of fire.
- Do not shoot fireworks in a metal or glass container.
I hope you all have a wonderful day and that you remember that it isn’t JUST the 4th of July. It is Independence Day which is the day that the United States declared independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain. We obtained FREEDOM. I hope we never do anything to lose it.