Men and women communicate differently especially when it relates to matters of the heart. I’m going to be really blunt ladies…Men do more and say less to express love, so don’t hold your breath for those three words that make your heart beat so hard that it breaks the stitches in your bra.
Saying “I love you” is very easy for women because they are usually all wordy anyway. Men on the other hand like to fix and do things to express their love emotions.
I know all women just skimmed through that without hardly a thought and men were saying, “Yeah, this woman has got it right!” That’s why I’m going to repeat myself. Men DO stuff for women to show love, devotion and commitment.
I know, I know. You want to HEAR the words. Yeah, those words are nice, but hadn’t you rather hear them less frequently, but know that he is REALLY feeling love deep enough to say it?
Ways Men Say “I Love You” Without Words
Men do so many things for women that I think often go unnoticed and unappreciated. On behalf of men everywhere, I would like to list a few of the labors of love that women should take the time to notice.
- Day after day, he takes out the trash. No, he doesn’t wash the trashcan, but he doesn’t even notice the hardened jelly and smeared peanut butter left behind from the bag that split because you over stuffed it.
- The clock alarm goes off and he drags himself to a job where he makes money to help support the family.
- The lawn is neatly manicured and he puts the cow manure in the flower bed so that you don’t mess up your freshly manicured nails.
- You crawl into the bed, plant your cold feet on his legs and all he does is suck in a deep breath.
- He lets you tell him what to buy you for your birthday, anniversary and Christmas in spite of the fact that you drag him from store to store for eight hours on a Saturday that he doesn’t have to work.
- The car is filled with gas, the oil changed, windshield wipers smooth against the glass, and the whole car remains clean.
- He buys you cards and flowers even though he thinks they are a frivolous waste of money.
- Tires on the car are filled with the correct amount of air and the little black caps cover the spot where air is put into the tire.
- He checks the house when you are scared of a strange noise that you know must be a burglar.
- When you are giving birth to his children, he provides emotional support while you scream, “It is all your fault!”
- He always says that you are beautiful. Yes, he says it more when he wants to make passionate love to you, but he wants to make love to YOU. Don’t forgot that part.
The next time you feel a little low or unloved because you need to hear the words of emotion, all you have to do is ask him. A man wants to please his spouse, so give him the benefit of the doubt. As long as you don’t expect to hear it every hour, he will oblige and say, “Olive you.”