I have four very important words that will help you feel more peaceful and better able to handle the stress in your life…
Definition of TIME
: the measured or measurable period during which an action, process, or condition exists or continues
Definition of RELAX
: to make less tense or rigid
Definition of PAMPER
: to treat with extreme or excessive care and attention
: gratify, humor
Definition of AROMATHERAPY
: the use of aroma to enhance a feeling of well-being
Take the time to relax and pamper yourself by using aromatherapy.
Someone who knows how to create fragrant products that can be used to add peace to your life by helping you relax is Kia at Beacon Creations.
So let go of your computer mouse and take a moment to read this lovely interview…
1. What led you to open a shop for this type of product?
- Everyone in my family is an artist. I grew up surrounded by sewing, crocheting, drawing, photography, beading….the list goes on and on. Almost 4 years ago I decided to stop working to stay home and raise my 3 boys. I knew that I wanted to go into business for myself. A lifetime of creativity along with my obsession with Bath & Body made this most natural choice.
2. How long have you been in business?
- I’ve been mixing lotions and potions for my family and friends since I was a teenager. In school my nickname was “The Mad Scientist”! I decided to start a business selling my creations in the summer of 2008.
3. What makes your products special?
- I think what makes my products so special is that they’re handmade… by ME! Sometimes it’s still hard to believe that I get to spend so much time doing what I LOVE to do. I draw inspiration from everything around me: the smell of wet soil and rain, my favorite ice cream (Edy’s Mint Chocolate Chip, yummy) and even my favorite books.
I enjoy taking care of my skin and body and try surrounding myself with things that invoke feelings of comfort and relaxation. To have the ability to create products that allows others to share a piece of what I love is priceless.
4. Where can we buy your products?
- You can visit my online shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/beaconcreations
5. Tell us about you… hobbies, goals, dreams
- My name is Kia and I am married to my best friend. I have the privilege of being “Mommy” to 3 AWESOME boys: Nicholas (9), William (6) and Ian (3). I am a vegetarian so finding new recipes for meals is always an adventure. When I’m not creating I can be found with my nose buried deep in a book.
My most immediate goal is to continue expanding and improving my product line and brand. Right now I’m preparing sugar scrubs, bath salts and body oils that launched this summer.
My dreams for the future include a large piece of property, a couple of goats and chickens, fruit trees, LOTS of homegrown vegetables and countless days surrounded by my family.
Thank you so much for such a wonderful interview Kia! Isn’t she lovely? She has offered to giveaway any soap of choice to one of my readers.
Mmmmmmm….I can almost smell it…I think the Coconut Lemongrass looks beautiful?!!
But that isn’t all! I will also buy you any soap of your choice from Beacon Creations soaps as shown below.
Now can you smell them?!
Try the scratch and sniff method on your monitor.
It didn’t for me either, so don’t feel bad. (snicker, snicker)
1. (1 entry) Publicly Follow on Google The Redhead Riter and leave a comment telling me are already a follower or that you are a new follower now.
2. (1 entry) Visit Beacon Creations and leave me a comment telling me what other type of product besides the soap that you would like to try and why.
3. (1 entry per Tweet) Tweet about this giveaway using the tweet below…(can be done 3 times per day with at least 2 hours between each tweet. Please leave a link to your tweet EACH time)
“RT ? #giveaway I want to win 2 soaps of my choice from Beacon Creations and I entered at http://TheRedheadRiter.blogspot.com ? EASY ”
4. (3 entries) Fave me on Technorati
5. (20 maximum – 1 entry for each comment on non-giveaway post) Leave me a new comment on a “Non-Giveaway” post on TheRedheadRiter (http://theredheadriter.com) then come back and leave the name of the post. All the little square pictures above my header are linked to posts too.
Giveaway is open to U.S. Residents Only, 18+ years old.
Giveaway ends October 8, 2010 at 11:59 p.m.
I will be given the same product that my winner receives.
I will use Random.org to choose the winner.
Stretched out in the tub with a coconut and lemon sitting on the side
while I dream of my new smooth and aromatic Coconut Lemongrass soap,