It is time for my blog’s testosterone injection. When I read the topic for this week’s men’s meme I nearly rolled over laughing. I am thinking to myself, “This should be good.” So I just called my husband Tom to dictate his answer to me. His comments will be in BLUE.
“Hi Tom. It is time for the men’s meme question so I need you to dictate the answer to me.”
“Okay,” he said.
“So the question for theFamilies Again meme is:
How do you divide up the work at home? Do you help out with housework?” I tried to ask without laughing.
Tom exclaimed, “That question is for me?!”
“Alright. These are things I do regularly:
- replace toilet paper on roll in bathroom
- keep toilet paper stocked in the bathroom
- wipe the mirrors in bathroom and wipe other things within my comfortable reach Don’t you love that…”comfortable reach”
- often use the magic eraser on the bathroom walls, both sides of the shower curtain and other things within comfortable reach
- less often (once a month) clean bathroom thoroughly including toilet, floor, baseboards Just as an FYI I clean the bathroom every other day.
- more often than not I clean up my crumbles and dribbles of food and beverages from kitchen surfaces That would make the ratio 51% cleans to 49% leaves it there for me to clean.
- often place whites in washer, wash, dry and fold
- often wash colors that I am authorized, have clearance or allowed to touch, then dry and fold
- always gather, bag and remove garbage
- occasionally dust and polish side tables I’ve seen this happen twice in four years. Is that what “occasionally” means?
- often fold couch afghans and return cushions and pillows to proper order
- rarely vacuum I would say “never” vacuums.
- rarely help with dishes But, I might add, he has no problem eating what was on the dishes.
- almost never prepare or serve food
“That’s pretty much it.”
“Thank you Tom.”
“You’re welcome. That was kind of fun. It starts me thinking about the emancipation of women.”
Oh yeah, right. I guess you get the picture.