It is impossible to MAKE someone love you. Remember, you’ve already learned that you can only control one person…yourself. That means you have no control over how anyone feels about you. If you refuse to believe that one concept, you will eventually believe it after you have:
- Tried to be perfect so that the other person would see your value.
- Doted on the other person to see that you can add value to life.
- Sacrificed your time, talent, money and energy for the other person.
- Cried and sobbed when your heart was broken because they ignored you or even worse, cheated on you.
- Begged the other person to love you back, pay attention to you, hold you and share life with you.
- Stayed awake night after night trying to figure out what else you can do so that the other person will love you back.
- Been there for the other person’s every whim, beck and call.
- Clung to the other person because you believe proximity means value added love.
Eventually everyone either learns this lesson or dies trying to make someone love them.
Relationships are not easy and the older you get, the harder it is to find someone to share the remainder of your life. There is one relationship that I know will ALWAYS bring me comfort because she is committed, understanding and loves me unconditionally.
Yes, I know that Bella is 8.5 pounds of furry fluff, but this sweet red toy poodle has a heart as big as the universe. Not only that, but…
- Pets do not tell you lies.
- Pets do not laugh or make fun of you.
- Pets do not say or do things that hurt your feelings.
- Pets do not get angry if you are running late.
- Pets do not judge or criticize you.
- Pets do not get mad at you for forgetting…anything or everything.
I can’t ask for more.