Go Ahead And Inspect Me!

by Sherry Riter in Family,Sherry

With renewed mental health and the banishment of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) from my life, several things that other people take for granted have started to actually come together for me.

For MANY years I forgot to get my car inspected until a police office would pull me over for an expired inspection. I was always so frustrated that such a little thing would have slipped my mind especially since the inspection sticker is prominently placed on the front windshield.

This year, however, I’m no longer blue…

the redhead riter blue3

Actually I’m tickled pink!

the redhead riter tickled pink

Why?

I didn’t get stopped by the police or get a ticket! I not only remembered to get the inspection completed, but I took it to the shop in a timely manner and obtained a bill of health for my car.

virginia state inspection

I also received the coveted inspection sticker on my front windshield.

virginia state inspection sticker

This year I will not be stopped by the police for an expired inspection. That may seem like a small thing to you, but it was a monumental task in previous years while I was suffering with PTSD. To say that I am THRILLED TO THE GILLS that responsibilities like this are simple now would be an under statement.

Each day is filled with experiences I’ve had many times over my years on this planet, however, they are all brand new to me because I’m such a different person now that I’ve made it through the struggle with PTSD. Every time I think about the fact that my car is inspected AND it was done on time, I want to pat myself on the back or pull out some pom poms to give myself a little cheer.

Sherry got the might,
Sherry’s ready to fight
W-I-N.
Sherry’s always ready
Sherry’s solid steady,
Everyone say it again,
Sherry, Sherry,
You did win!

Yay Sherry!

Sherry Riter, also known as The Redhead Riter. Sherry is witty, intelligent and addictive as she writes about cooking, family, marriage, failures, blogging tips, art, humor, inspiration, travel, PTSD and aging. Her goal is to inspire, motivate, educate and to make her audience laugh. Sherry embraces being a redhead and helps others to see the redhead point of view…"In some eras redheads were worshipped while others thought us witches. Personally, I like the former and think every day is 'Love a redhead day!'" She can also be found on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, Linkedin, tweeting as @TheRedheadRiter and you can subscribe to her free blog feed.

1 Joan January 5, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Oh, yeah!
Sherry’s got the might,
And Sherry’s ready to fight and W-I-N.
Sherry’s always ready,
And Sherry’s solid steady,
Everyone say it again,
Sherry, Sherry,
You did win!

But Sherry where’s the book?
You promised you would write,
About your battle with PTSD.
Are you going to write it in 2014?

Your adoring fans wait,
We’ll support you,
Buy it,
Read it.

And if enough of your loyal fans buy it,
You’ll be a bestselling author,
On The New York Times Best-Seller Lists,
Now wouldn’t that be a dream come true!

So write your book, Sherry,
We’re all so happy that you’re no longer blue,
And now you’re tickled pink,
Because you rid yourself of your PTSD.

But write, Sherry, write!
So that your dream of having your book,
On The New York Times Best-Seller Lists,
Will become a reality!

Yay Sherry!
A book on The New York Times Best-Seller Lists,
Now wouldn’t that be a dream true?
That my dear friend, Sherry, has always been my dream for you,
A book on The New York Times Best-Seller Lists,
Yay Sherry!

2 Joan January 5, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Okay, so I never said I was a poet! But at least I’m starting the New Year off right by commenting on your posts. Do you have any idea how long it took me to write that poem? :)

3 Joan January 5, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Yeah, I know you know how long it took me to write that poem. (Longer than it took you to write that post!) :)

4 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:03 pm

It was either write my comment or do the dishes – and you know how much I love writing over housework. (Anything to get out of doing the dishes! LOL) :)

5 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Okay, I’m procrastinating. Anything to keep me from doing the dishes and laundry. :)

6 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:07 pm

So begrudgingly I am going to pull myself away from commenting and start my housework. I assure you it is begrudgingly, because I much rather be commenting on your post. :)

7 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Hey, I got a great idea! Why don’t you write another post today and publish it, so I can comment on it and I can put off doing my housework! :)

8 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:14 pm

What do you mean you only publish one post a day? I thought you said you were obsessive-compulsive too. :)

9 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Well, if you really have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder prove it by writing another post today and publishing it! :)

10 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Than I can continue commenting and I won’t have to do my housework. :)

11 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:20 pm

I don’t have OCD. To prove it, I haven’t posted a post on either of my websites in almost three years! :)

12 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:23 pm

OMG has it been that long? Let me think. I started my first blog A Bad Marriage Is Fattening January 1st, 2010. I was really good about posting on it for the first year…

13 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:28 pm

…but then I got those 6 blood clots at the end of January 2011. Well, I’m not going to give you a history of what I’ve been doing since then – but I am going to complete my memoir A Bad Marriage Is Fattening in 2014. And yes, I’m going to start posting again on my blog again. (I’ll give you the big announcement when I start posting again on my blog!) Don’t hold your breath. :)

14 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Hey, I haven’t been completely idle. I wrote another screenplay. Yes, I did! It a paranormal romantic comedy. (Sorry, it’s not a paranormal romantic western. I know how much you loved watching westerns when you were growing up.) :)

15 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I definitely think 2014 is going to be my year! It’s going to be the year I sell BOTH my screenplays and complete my memoir. :)

16 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:42 pm

So, what about you, Sherry, is 2014 going to be your year? If you finish writing your book on PTSD we both could have books on The New York Times Best-Seller Lists at the same time. How incredible would that be? :)

17 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Well, enough dreaming for now. I’ve procrastinated putting off doing the dishes and my laundry as long as I could. Have fun answering all my comments! LOL :)

18 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:47 pm

WOW!!! Did I really make 18 comments? Did I break my own record? :)

19 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Might as well make it 20 comments. One more comment to go! :)

20 Joan January 5, 2014 at 1:52 pm

I’m cracking up thinking that you will get all excited when you see that you have 20 comments on this post – and then the look on your face when you see all the comments are from me! :)

21 Sherry Riter January 6, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Joan,
YOU DO crack me up! Not only are you funny and a dedicated blog reader, but you are a wonderful friend. Thank you for taking the time to write so many comments that I couldn’t help but laugh. Yes, you are so silly! {{{hugssss}}}