Big Floors Create A Big Change In A Short Time

by Sherry Riter in New Home

Don, one of the men I eat lunch with at work, was raving on and on about the new garage floor he installed over the weekend. After seeing all the pictures, I was convinced that he had indeed hit the flooring jackpot.

Big Floors For The Weekend

The garage floor tiles came from a company named Big Floors. Not only are garage floors available, but so are dance flooring, event flooring, basement flooring, safety matting, safety decking and floors throughout the rest of the house.

garage big floors big change short time 3

The installation directions are very short because they simply snap together:

Step 1 – The panels have 2 sides with female loops, and 2 sides with male pegs.

Step 2 – Start by laying your first panel in any corner (male edges required) or garage opening (female edges required) roughly 1″ from the wall. The loops should be pointed in the direction you want to add panels.

Step 3 – Place the next panel so that the pegs line up over the loops.

Step 4 – Gently step on each panel. You will hear and feel it snap into place. Repeat these steps until your flooring is complete. That’s all there is to it!

garage big floors big change short time 6

Pictures are worth a thousand words.

garage big floors big change short time 5

garage big floors big change short time 4

garage big floors big change short time 2

garage big floors big change short time 1

garage big floors big change short time7

I think Don did a great job and now he has a really cool garage floor!

1 Melissa Caldwell July 22, 2013 at 10:02 am

Thanks for sharing enjoyed your blog interesting & make it a great day.

Melissa 🙂

2 Sherry Riter July 22, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Thank you very much Melissa! I’m glad you enjoyed the visit. {{{hugsss}}}

3 teresa vett July 22, 2013 at 10:14 am

It appears to have open places to the floor or is it solid? If solid great, if open forget it. How would you ever clean underneath of the open tile work?

4 Sherry Riter July 22, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Open, but the flooring that you can use in your house is solid. I asked him the same thing about the open tiles! LOL

5 teresa vett July 22, 2013 at 10:15 am

LOL , by the way ask him where does the car go?

6 Sherry Riter July 22, 2013 at 7:23 pm

LOLOLOL Cars are irrelevant. The motorcycle is King. LOL

7 Joan July 22, 2013 at 11:34 am

No doubt about it, Don’s garage floor rates 5 stars! 🙂

8 Sherry Riter July 22, 2013 at 7:21 pm

😀 I think so too! I am so impressed!

9 Stéfan July 22, 2013 at 8:22 pm

I’m floored!

10 Sherry Riter July 23, 2013 at 7:37 am

Oh. My. Gosh.

LOL THAT was hilarious!!!!!!!!!

How do you come up with these funny and clever comments?!!! LOL Too funny!

11 Don July 23, 2013 at 10:24 am

To answer your questions……Yes the tiles are open but they are very easily cleaned, you can vacuum dust,dirt and debris out of the openings in the tiles, even liquids……..or you can pry them up and out if you can’t get the vacuum to get whatever is under them. The really nice thing about the tiles is you don’t notice any dirt on the floor, you really have to hunt for it.
The only thing I do not like about this floor is when the humidity is low you have to be careful of what you touch because you become a walking spark plug……Static Electricity will cause you to hurt yourself!
I spray the floor with a Dish soap solution and it helps cut down on the Static Electricity.
Would I buy this floor again…….YES YES YES!!! I Love it!

12 Sherry Riter July 23, 2013 at 11:59 am

Cool Don! I didn’t even think of a static electricity possibility. I wonder if I could build up enough static to make my hair stick out and straight up like in the science museum. LOLOLOL

My mother’s obsession with dirt…I can just see her taking the tiles up every week to clean the entire floor beneath. (rolling eyes)

I just thought of another post possibility…Maybe I should do a post on why you think your motorcycle is better than a Harley Davidson. 😉

13 Don July 23, 2013 at 1:09 pm

No one has to believe what I do, but it’s my money………..
Check out these YouTube’s and you make up your own mind!

BTW the car goes over the bigger pattern to the right of the Motorcycle lift and I have to agree with your
mom, I like clean too!: )

14 Sherry Riter August 3, 2013 at 6:19 pm

LOL You’re funny Don! I know how much you love that bike!

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell Mom that you can spray the tiles and all the “dirt” rinse right out the garage. She will love to know that there is a definite way to keep it clean. We all know how OCD she is about “clean” stuff. LOLOLOL 😉

15 pj54 August 5, 2013 at 11:58 am

Hey Red! I wish I had seen this a couple of weeks ago! Hubby just got through laying new flooring in our living room, entertainment room, and my bedroom! It was that wood laminate tongue and groove flooring. I thought he was going to have a heart attack before he got through. He doesn’t do well on his hands and knees. He still isn’t recovered completely. Love you!

16 Sherry Riter August 6, 2013 at 8:35 pm