Alyssa Horseback Riding In Richmond, Virginia

by Sherry Riter in Alyssa,Family

alyssa horseback riding2 2013-07-13

Horses are beautiful creatures AND they are really BIG which is why Alyssa and I find them to be intimidating. When Alyssa’s boyfriend suggested that they go horseback riding so that she could have a new experience, Alyssa wasn’t very thrilled with the idea. However, he was relentless with his suggestion, so Alyssa gave in and they went horseback riding the other day.

When she got home, I asked her, “Did you enjoy riding a horse?”

She looked at me straight in the eyes and said, “The horse was really big and I was scared the whole time.”

I didn’t press the issue, but I’m glad she has pictures of the experience especially because it may not be something Alyssa engages in very often.

alyssa horseback riding 2013-07-13

By the way, how many times do you think I’ve been on a horse.

Ready for the answer.

I rode a horse one time down my grandmother’s street and back again. LOL

Time will tell if the whole horse riding experience will be, “Like mother, like daughter.”

1 Philip Bond July 15, 2013 at 2:59 am

Love the way the proud mum writes about her daughter. Alyssa is a fortunate daughter.

2 Sherry Riter July 16, 2013 at 6:39 am

Alyssa is my favorite subject. 🙂

3 Sophie July 15, 2013 at 6:23 am

Like mother, like daughter could also apply to Alyssa’s beauty…

4 Sherry Riter July 16, 2013 at 6:39 am

Awww, you’re sweet, Sophie. Thank you. {{{hugssss}}}

5 meg July 15, 2013 at 8:52 am

I have NEVER been on a horse. That’s number 1 on my bucket list. (I think I’ll be a little scared though). The pics look nice. Remember “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy!”.Hee Hee.

6 Sherry Riter July 16, 2013 at 6:38 am

I hope you enjoy riding and that you get to do it soon!

7 PJ July 15, 2013 at 11:36 am

Hey Red! I can certainly relate. When I was a young girl, I used to go horseback riding ALL of The Time. Even into my late twenties. That is until I had a bad experience. When I was married to my 2nd husband, we went to a family reunion in which a group including his sister went riding. I got a horse which was as stubborn as I was and didn’t want to do what I wanted him to do. Mike’s sister offered to trade horses because her’s was more easy going. She made the comment “you have to let him ( my horse) know who’s boss. She got on, and he took off with her. We never found out if she jumped off or the horse through her, but she hit a tree and was killed instantly. It took forever to get over the guilt of trading horses, (as I thought it should have been me) of course deep down, I know when it is our time, nothing will change the outcome, but I have never gotten on a horse since. I know it is psychological, but I just cannot bring myself to do it. I will pet them (we have some horses living next door to us and they come to our fence where I give them carrots and pet them, but that’s as far as it goes. I will not ever “ride” again.

Love you! Tell Alyssa I’m proud of her for doing this, but please be careful.
God Bless,

8 Sherry Riter July 16, 2013 at 6:37 am

That’s really sad, PJ. I’m so sorry! I can totally understand that why you haven’t ever got on a horse again. {{{hugssss}}}

9 Skip_D July 15, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I’ve ridden a number of times – never had my own horse, but a rich family friend had a couple, so we would go riding sometimes… I’ve had a few other opportunities, but not lately… ohhh, & also had a couple of opportunities to ride a camel! 🙂

10 Sherry Riter July 16, 2013 at 6:35 am

Why am I not surprised that you’ve ridden horses and camels? LOL 😉

11 teresa vett July 15, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Maybe we can go together when it is cooler. I would love to go!! Never too old to learn and I love horses!!

12 Sherry Riter July 16, 2013 at 6:35 am

Not me! You and Alyssa, but count me out!

13 Donna July 15, 2013 at 3:27 pm

I cannot imagine being on a horse! I want to. Especially since my friend Kelly has been doing that, horse riding, for the past year now and shares her experience with her horse Ed. She has so much fun doing it, makes me want to too!lol! I understand Alyssa’s feelings though, I think I would be scared too! Horses are big! She looks really good on that horse!

14 Sherry Riter July 16, 2013 at 6:34 am

I thought she looked like she was loving it. LOL

15 Kathy Morelli,LPC July 16, 2013 at 9:05 am

Hi Red – Fun story! Alyssa is beautiful! I owned & rode horses for 14 years. It was great fun. So sad when they die. I had fear, but had fun too. I loved my horses, and my own special one was named Mugsy. I had from 3 years old to 12 years old, he broke his leg in a pasture the year my son was born. I miss him to this day and hope to see him at the Rainbow Bridge…..tears.

all the best, Kathy

16 Sherry Riter July 18, 2013 at 8:08 am

Awwww…such happy and sad memories all at once. {{{{hugssss}}}}

17 Joan July 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm

You don’t even want to know about the last time I went horseback riding! I laugh every time I think about it, but I’m not telling you the story! All I can say is that I don’t think I will be riding a horse anymore! 🙂

18 Sherry Riter July 22, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Now I REALLY want to know what happened when you went horseback riding the last time!!! Tell me the story!!!!!!! How long ago was it???