close the book the end

“There comes a time when
you have to choose between
turning the page
or closing the book.”

1 Joan April 25, 2013 at 5:18 am

Why choose? You turn the page and if it is a blank page then you know the story has ended and it is time to close the book! 🙂

2 Joan April 25, 2013 at 5:21 am

The end of one story could be the beginning of another story. Another story with a happier ending. 🙂

3 Sherry Riter April 25, 2013 at 2:14 pm

4 Joan April 25, 2013 at 5:43 am

I can tell by your brief post and what you left unsaid that you are mourning a relationship that has ended. Just remember what Helen Keller said. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” 🙂

5 Joan April 25, 2013 at 5:49 am

Don’t ask me how I know this but I just know. There will be many new doors of happiness opening up to you. Of that I am positive. 🙂

6 Joan April 25, 2013 at 5:56 am

So is all my positive cheeriness getting on your nerves? Yes, I know that there is nothing more annoying than having someone sprouting words of positiveness when all you want to do is wallow in your grief. (I’ll refrain from my usual smiley face in respect for your wallowing.)

7 Joan April 25, 2013 at 5:59 am

Wow, I’m even beginning to get on my own nerves! I guess it’s time for me to go to bed since it is now 3:00 A.M. PST.

8 Joan April 25, 2013 at 6:02 am

You should be getting up in about an hour. It will be 7:00 A.M. EST. Wow, won’t you be surprised at all the comments you got for this post! 🙂

9 Joan April 25, 2013 at 6:19 am

Well, come on now. Let’s get serious. Someone had to write something for your readers to read. I mean what type of post is a post with a picture of a book that has the words “THE END” written on a page of the book and then this quote, “There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or closing the book.”

I thought it was a great opening for a post, but when I looked for more to read there was no more. Which reminds me of something my mother use to always say, “Less is more.”

If less is really more, then this might be the most provocative post you have ever written! 🙂

10 Sherry Riter April 25, 2013 at 2:16 pm

11 Joan April 25, 2013 at 6:23 am

Yes, this is the most provocative post you have ever written! I take back what I said about you being in mourning about a relationship that has ended. You’re not in mourning – you’re a genius! To get me to comment so much on a non-verbal post, well that’s genius! 🙂

12 Joan April 25, 2013 at 6:30 am

But what if I hadn’t comment, would this still be your most provocative post? We will let a real genius weigh in on that. I can hardly wait to hear what Skip has to say about this post or better yet your mom. (Too bad I can’t already see if either Skip or your mother has commented yet!) 🙂

13 Sherry Riter April 25, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Neither has commented yet.

Yes, this is probably the shortest post I’ve ever written. I had A BILLION words in my head and yet when I went to type them, nothing came out of my fingers. It happens. The only thing I could post was the pic and the quote because they really did say it all.

The rest of what I was thinking will just have to remain a mystery…for now…or maybe forever…it just depends on…well, I can’t say right now. 😉

14 teresa1944 April 25, 2013 at 3:19 pm

If doors are closing and opening in your house you have a ghost and you need to boot him out. LOL

As far as happiness goes it is inside of you already. I wish you could see what I see and have always seen. I have always known you and you are wonderful. It is up to you to try a different road or maybe I should say get back on the safe road of life. One that has many wonders in store for you. All you have to do is have faith and walk them the way I taught you.

You are healing. Time is a friend, but you are such a critic of yourself!!! Look back only to laugh – never to cry. When you feel sad, just think of melted chocolate kisses on your car seat!!! Or Rice Krispies with weevles in them. That should make you smile, lol. I would not have been me without you.

I have to get off your blog. The chocolate cream something and the berry oozing in cream in the side bar is driving me nuts!!! I am trying to lose weight. If is not these two things driving me nuts, it is that dang lemon cake – my favorite!!!

15 Sherry Riter April 26, 2013 at 12:05 am

LOL Very funny about the doors!

Thank you for your sweet comment.

Why lose weight? You are NOT fat!!!!

16 Young Werther April 25, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Look at it as a new beginning… it’s never the end (unless you’re referring to Harry Potter!)

17 Sherry Riter April 26, 2013 at 12:08 am

LOL LOL Very funny!!!

18 Skip_D April 25, 2013 at 11:37 pm

it seems you & I faced the same dilemma… I saw this post, the shortest, most provocative, & frankly most unnerving you’ve ever posted – & while I had reams of text I could have written, none of it came out… there were so many contradictory thoughts that I was dumbfounded… yes, you struck me speechless!

I returned several times during the day, but with no further result…

just now I checked again, & found that Fount Joan had flowed her thoughts down the page! I still don’t have anything substantial to say – I’m still flummoxed, & can’t choose anything substantial to say, but since Joan called me out, at least I had to account for my silence…

I wish there were some profound words I could finish with… these will have to serve:

life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans…

today is the first day of the rest of your life..

rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer…

19 Sherry Riter April 26, 2013 at 12:11 am

Thank you very much. {{{hugssss}}}}

I love these quotes and they are inspiring, so thank you for them too:

“today is the first day of the rest of your life…

rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer…”

Oh, by the way…I feel honored to render YOU speechless! LOL

20 Skip_D April 26, 2013 at 1:20 am

hehehe… enjoy it – it’s not likely to happen often! 😀

21 Sherry Riter April 26, 2013 at 7:12 am

How well I know, however, if it happened once, it can happen again. I have a new goal! LOL 😛