Albert Einstein Meets Montblanc Limited Edition Pens

by Sherry Riter in Product

Albert Einstein was awesome and accomplished so many amazing things. I love reading all about Einstein and even named my computer “Albert” after him. Before I tell you more about Albert the man, let me tell you a little about Montblanc.

What Is Montblanc?

Mont Blanc Mount Bianca

The highest mount in Europe is called Mont Blanc or Monte Bianco and it means “White Mountain.” Mont Blanc, the snow covered mountain, has become a symbol of achievement, quality and perfection.

There is another famous Mont Blanc and that is Montblanc, the maker of sophisticated, innovative, high quality, writing instruments with timeless aesthetics and superior craftsmanship. In other words, Montblanc makes pens that can leave you awe struck.

Albert Einstein Meets Montblanc

Albert Einstein Montblanc Pen Equations Formulas

Without going into great detail, Albert Einstein was a scientific genius who discovered things such as the theory of relativity and the most famous of all equations, E = mc2 (E equals MC squared). This equation means “Energy equals mass times the velocity of light squared.” If that doesn’t make any sense to you, it is alright. Just know that it is one of the greatest equations on the earth.

Because Albert Einstein was such a genius and Montblanc wanted to honor his unique talent, vision, and enduring impact on mankind, the company created The Montblanc Albert Einstein® Limited Edition 3000 pen.

Albert Einstein Montblanc Pen Limited Edition 1

The pen is MAGNIFICENT!

The Montblanc Albert Einstein® Limited Edition 3000 includes equations for the theory of relativity, the photoelectric effect, E = mc2 and many other important scientific equations in the design. The dark blue lacquer of the cap reminds me of the dark endlessness of our universe and our very small existence in comparison.

Albert Einstein Montblanc Pen space darkness

Yeah, it is rather pointless for me to get too excited of this pen because it costs an arm and a leg, but that doesn’t stop me from looking at it.

Albert Einstein Montblanc Pen Equations Formulas large

I’m in nerd Heaven.

1 Renard Moreau February 24, 2013 at 11:43 am

[ Smiles ] I LOVE those pens and your blog was informative as well as enjoyable!

2 Sherry Riter February 24, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Thank you Renard! Yes, I drool over the pen as much as I do the food. LOL

3 Skip_D February 24, 2013 at 11:57 am

what an incredible pen! pen… a writing implement that uses ink… a name I took for granted until I moved to Arkansas & discovered a local idiom that I find at once charming & absurd… people here don’t ask to borrow a pen – they ask for an “ink pen” – a redundancy that sticks in my ears every time I hear it!

but I digress… I miss using those pens, but I spend so much time at a computer keyboard or, as now, the “tapboard” of my iPad, that I almost never “write” anything anymore… even so, that Albert Einstein pen excites me as only a pen nerd can be excited! I’d buy one in an instant if it didn’t cost an arm & a leg… what a beautiful, amazing pen! 😀

4 Sherry Riter February 24, 2013 at 12:12 pm

How cool that you traveled with your pen with a determination to not let it die! Do you have nice penmanship?

Yes, I would have snapped it up in a heartbeat if it wasn’t so expensive too. I just can’t bring myself to sell all my possessions for the pen. LOL

5 Skip_D February 24, 2013 at 2:27 pm

yes, I was a hopeless pen nerd! in fact, my technical pen accompanied me as I hitchhiked from Luxembourg to Greece on my way back to Asmara from a trip home to New Jersey, including a stay over in Chamonix France… I got there in a foggy night, which I spent at a commune, & I woke the next morning with sunlight streaming in the balcony door, & when I stepped out on the balcony, with a Futa (Tigrinya for sarong) wrapped around my waist, I saw the gleaming snow-capped Mont Blanc towering over me, crowned in a glowing halo from the sun just behind the summit! later that day I rode through the tunnel beneath Mont Blanc into Northern Italy… all of which I recorded in my journal with that technical pen… such rich memories that this incredible Montblanc pen elicit! 😀

6 Sherry Riter February 24, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Oh that sounds so like a wonderful memory and a great experience!!! 😀

7 Joan February 24, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I knew it! I just knew it! I even said to myself while reading your post that Skip would have something brilliant and witty to add in his comment to this post! And I was right! Skip wrote, “I used to be a fountain pen nerd, & never would touch a ball point! later on, I carried it even further, advancing to a technical (drafting) pen (Staedtler Mars, a German equivalent of Rapidograph), fortuitously… I carried that fussy pen all around during my travels & excavations in Ethiopia & Eritrea, & as a result, my journal notes, in the ridiculously tiny, space-saving India ink letters made possible by the technical pen, have survived the years unblurred & undimmed…”

Reading Skip’s two comments was like reading an exciting excerpt from a memoir. So well written. Now I have to ask, is there anything in this world that Skip is not knowledgeable about? He is so erudite and well traveled. What an interesting man and what an interesting life he has led! 🙂

But as Skip wrote, “I digress… ” Well, I digressed too! Getting back to your post, Redhead Riter, it was a most interesting post and I became curious how much The Montblanc Albert Einstein® Limited Edition 3000 pen cost, since you said “it costs an arm and a leg.” So naturally my curiosity was aroused and I went to the website you provided to find out how much the pen cost. But as much as I tried to navigate the website I could not find the price of the pen. I found out everything else about The Montblanc Albert Einstein® Limited Edition 3000 pen but how much it actually costs. I was beginning to wonder if the pen was so exclusive that they did they not list a price? So please enlighten your curious readers, Redhead Riter. Our inquiring minds want to know, what is the price of the pen? 🙂

8 Sherry Riter February 24, 2013 at 3:29 pm

“Reading Skip’s two comments was like reading an exciting excerpt from a memoir.” Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!! I love reading Skip’s comments too and would love to read his book if he wrote one!

To answer your question about the price:

The retail price of the Montblanc Albert Einstein Limited Edition 3000 fountain pen is $3,110.50.
The first pen they made was the Montblanc Albert Einstein Limited Edition 99 fountain pen and the retail price is $25,993.97.

This is the Montblanc Albert Einstein Limited Edition 99
Montblanc Albert Einstein Limited Edition 99

This is the site with some of the craftsmanship: view all the videos

9 Skip_D February 24, 2013 at 6:33 pm

yikes!!! that’s a lot for a pen! …but it sure is gorgeous!

thanks, Joan & Sherry, for your kind words! I love writing, & may yet finish the memoir that I’ve worked on in fits & starts over the years… 🙂

10 Sherry Riter February 24, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Yes! Finish it and we will be the first two people in line to get your autograph!!! 😉

11 teresa vett February 25, 2013 at 2:33 am

Your mama is going to make you laugh. I wrote with one of those and saw no difference in it than a ball point bic. I could misspell with it just like a 49 cent one. This one was over 200 dollars and I gasped when they told me so. I thought what an idiot.

12 Sherry Riter February 25, 2013 at 6:09 am

(shaking head in dismay)

This pen costs way past $200.00

LOL

13 Rhonda Talbot March 3, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Thought you might enjoy this… PS– I can’t seem to get on Bloggy.. it times out. But wanted to say hello! Best Rhonda

14 Sherry Riter March 4, 2013 at 11:34 pm

You can’t access my blog? Is that what you mean?

If yes, I had my blog go through a couple maintenance routines this week. I had to upgrade my hosting and move up to a more robust bandwidth which is a good thing! 😀

Thanks for the link. Nice post. I love this quote too, “A person starts to live when he can live outside himself.” So true!