Chatting, Writing, Thinking, Blogging – Where I Sit

by Sherry Riter in Audrey,Bella {a dog's story}  ,Family,Holiday,Sherry,Terry

It’s all done in the same place everyday. Whether I’m chatting on Twitter, adding pictures to Facebook, thinking about my next task on the Internet or writing my latest blog post, it’s all done in the same chair in front of Albert, my desktop computer.

In order for me to work for such an extended amount of time, I have to sit in a chair that is very comfortable. Unbeknownst to me, my sister asked Alyssa what I needed for Christmas. Let me say that I didn’t need a new chair, but the one I had was rather hard and squeaked a lot. It didn’t really bother me because I got used to the noise, but it has driven Alyssa nuts. That’s one of the reasons why Alyssa told my sister I “needed” a new desk chair.

Much to my surprise, I got a VERY comfy desk chair. It is the Taj Mahal of desk chairs! The back cushion, seat cushion and arm rests are all very soft with great padding. This chair is so comfy that I will have no problem sleeping in it. No, I promise I won’t fall asleep in it. Well…I will try not to fall asleep in it.

Bella, of course, thinks it is her chair.

bella black desk chair christmas

It’s not Bella’s chair, but I will share it with her.

Obviously, my sister has pretty good taste in chairs. Actually, she does enjoy all the decorating stuff and spends many hours on the Internet looking at interior design blogs and reading all kinds of decorating information. Audrey also started a blog called Neverending Decorating to record and share all the decorating adventures in her house. So if you want to see what she’s been doing, hop on over and take a peek. You won’t even have to ring the doorbell! LOL

If you decide to come back after you see her house, I’ll still be here chatting, thinking and writing posts while sitting in my new comfy chair. Thanks Audrey and Terry for such a lovely gift. I’ll think about you both everyday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Skip_D January 7, 2013 at 3:49 am

I’m very impressed! that looks like a wonderful chair! & obviously Bella agrees ;) congrats!!!

Sherry Riter January 7, 2013 at 7:35 am

:D Thanks!

Audrey January 7, 2013 at 6:46 am

Yay! I’m so glad that you (and Bella) love the chair. I enjoyed visiting with you yesterday, it was soooo nice to sit, relax and talk to a happy Sherry & Alyssa. Love you both very much. And don’t forget to donate your ratty old chair (as Alyssa refers to it, lol). Thanks for the shout out about my blog too! I appreciate that, I need readers! And thank you for all the help this weekend. :)

Sherry Riter January 7, 2013 at 7:38 am

I enjoyed your visit too and we all love the chair. LOL Thank you and you’re welcome! Have a nice day! :D

Susanne January 7, 2013 at 8:09 am

That was very sweet of Audrey and Terry to buy you that chair. Since you spend so much time making us feel “comfy”, you should feel the same. I popped over to Audrey’s blog. I am one of those people who love interior design blogs, always muttering the words, someday, as I ooohhh and aaahhh my way through the homes of others. By the way, beautiful skin runs in your family.

Have a merry Monday!
Hugs

Sherry Riter January 7, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Thank you Susanne!

I used to look at homes and say some day. I just don’t ever feel the urge any more. I guess I kinda loss that dream and plan thing.

Have a fantastic Monday! 4 more days to the weekend! LOL

Young Werther January 7, 2013 at 9:34 pm

That, looks like an excellent chair, perfect for pondering the meaning of life and what to name the next computer… Mileva? Elsa? :)

Sherry Riter January 7, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Mileva? LOL Maybe Venus? LOL

Donna January 8, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Awwww, what a lovely gift! That’s a nice chair! Bella looks comfortable!lol!

Sherry Riter January 8, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Thank you! Yes, it is a very lovely gift and I was totally surprised. Bella loves the chair. LOL