Let me just say this…I don’t like waking up. I actually don’t like going to sleep either, however, it is SO MUCH easier for me to fall asleep than it is to wake up. I mean, seriously, how many people do you know who can go to bed and in ten seconds be sound asleep…every single night? Yet, in the morning, it takes more than five alarms to wake me up. It is pathetic!
Since I’m not a morning person and I find the actual experience of waking up to be a torturous experience, it is a double whammy. Yes, I know the alternative to not waking up. (rolling my eyes) However, there are some ways to wake up that are much more pleasant than having a ==BLARING== alarm clock aggravate you from across the room. Especially since my experience goes something like this…I LEAP out of bed, my foot kicks a piece of furniture and I start jumping up and down, holding my foot in pain while still trying to get to the alarm clock. Before I can turn off the alarm clock, another alarm clock on the other side of the room starts ==BLARING==. Believe me, this is not a fun scenario.
There are alternative ways to wake up in the morning than the horrendous experience I usually have each day.
Top 10 Best Ways To Wake Up
10. Beautiful music – I usually set my alarm clocks on the most obnoxious radio station I can find at full volume, so waking slowly to gorgeous music is a much more delightful experience.
9. Sunshine – I love waking up with the warm sunshine on my face. That doesn’t happen in the mornings because I have to get up so early, but I do get to enjoy it when I take a nap on the weekend.
8. Smell of delicious food – It has been so long since I’ve had food wake me up in the morning that it almost seems like a dream. However, I do know that delicious food wafting through the air to awaken my sleeping brain is a lovely alternative.
7. Doggy licks – Yes, I sleep with Bella and if she wakes up first, her sweet little licks on my arm are just so adorable.
6. A massage – Mmmmm…I love massages and having my body wake up in such a lovely way is simply wonderful.
5. The sound of rain hitting the window – I love, love, love rain and especially the sound of rain hitting the roof, door or window. Waking up to the drops as they splash all over everything is very peaceful.
4. Knowing that it is a holiday or the weekend – Obviously, no matter when or how I wake up in the morning, if it is a holiday or weekend, I find it much more enjoyable!
3. Children happily singing or playing – Alyssa sings like an angel and who wouldn’t enjoy waking up to the sound of an angel singing?
2. Sex – What can I say except that you shouldn’t knock it until you try it. 😀
1. Naturally – The absolute BEST way to wake up is completely naturally – no noise, no alarms, no rush. To just sleep until my body and mind wake up is the BEST waking experience. It doesn’t happen often, but when it does, it is as wonderful as…a Krispy Kreme Doughnut.
Now you know my Top 10 Best Ways To Wake Up. How do you like waking up in the morning? Go ahead and tell me. You can be honest. 😀