Every week brings about new adventures and challenges. Lately my life has been jammed pack with both. The new grain free way of living is proving to be quite hard! I think I’m still in the “mourning the lost of my grain and feeling sorry for myself” stage. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to just highlight some of things that have happened this week.
Top 10 Things I Learned Or Experienced This Week
- One of the most dramatic things that has been happening to me every day is that each morning I wake up with less fat on my body. NO KIDDING! Every single day I notice a difference in my body shape. I am turning into Ms. Lean! Even Alyssa said, “Wow, you’ve really lost weight.” Actually, I don’t think I’ve lost that much weight, but I’ve lost INCHES everywhere. This side effect of not being able to eat grain anymore is actually one of the best self-esteem boosters I’ve had in a long time. I’m starting to like my body again. Maybe I really am aging backwards.
- I’m addicted to this Chill Out music. I listen to it over and over again at home in the evening and at work during the day. People at work probably think I’m crazy. Actually, right now it is playing while I write this post. I’m at 20:46 on the video time tracker and it is one of my favorite songs on this video.
- If anyone ever doubted that I’m a klutz, then this will erase all doubt.
Alyssa called for me from her bedroom. I was in another room and loudly asked,”What?”
She said, “Would you come here?”
“Sure!” I replied. I was sitting at the computer, so I stood, turned and started taking a step as I was raising out of the chair. It was just too much at once because the metal edge on the corner of the desk scraped a three inch gash on my booty through my pajamas. I yelped and hobbled into Alyssa’s room.
“What happened now?” she asked, totally used to my accidents.
“Am I bleeding?!” I asked as I whined from the pain.
“Oh yeah,” Alyssa answered. “It’s about a three inch gash. Hold still and I will fix it.” She then proceeded to use a cotton swab to dab ointment on it and then taped a big piece of gauze over it. Of course, I was a big baby as I whined through the whole thing. Nurse Alyssa was unphased by my whining and I think she totally tuned it out!
By the morning, it had mostly knitted back together, but I could see where the skin had just been pulled and eventually ripped. I could also tell that Alyssa hadn’t been exaggerating a bit about the size. It really is three inches long and is still not completely healed. Obviously, I’m not going to show a picture of my new wound.
- Vitamins can have grain products in them as fillers or can be derived from a grain. Who would imagine such a thing could be true?!
- My therapist gave me two CD’s to listen to for my PTSD. They are absolutely fantastic. They are helping me to see myself and my life in a totally different way. I’ll have to tell you all about it in another post sometime.
- I have laughed my head off at this short 32 second video called “Terrified Corn Cobs”. I think I feel vindicated for corn giving me an allergy. You just gotta watch it.
- The weather this week in Richmond, Virginia, has been so beautiful. We’ve had great temperatures and beautiful skies.
- I realized that my car inspection sticker expires 8/12. Yeah, did you catch that? It is already expired and if a policeman sees me tomorrow, I’m going to get a ticket! Of course, it is one of those tickets they throw out if you get the car inspected and then prove it on your court date. Do you wonder how I know this is what happens? I plead the Fifth as in the Fifth Amendment which says something like it might incriminate me if I say anything.
- I was SURPRISED that out of everyone that read the post about the rebuses, that Joan was the one that posted all the right answers! Of course, I wasn’t the least surprised that my mother didn’t even make a peep on that post. She hates that kind of stuff.
- Apples dipped in homemade dulce de leche is making a wonderful snack right before I go to bed. As soon as I publish this post, I am going to lick the plate. Yum.
So those are some of the highlights of my week. What’s been happening in your neck of the woods?