The Moment To Sparkle And Shine

by Sherry Riter in Courage,Self-Development

sparkle shine hanging chandelier

Are you working through a problem?
Maybe you feel a little blue?
It is quite possible that you’re sad and lonely.
Don’t give up.
Life isn’t easy,
but don’t fall apart.
This experience will pass,
so dust yourself off,
keep your eyes on the goal
and persevere.
Now is your moment
to let your strengths
sparkle and shine.

1 mom September 25, 2012 at 3:05 am

I love you, plain and simple. Have a good day and remember who you are.

2 Sherry Riter September 25, 2012 at 7:46 am

I love you too. Thanks and you too.

3 Skip_D September 25, 2012 at 6:10 am

Persevere… yes, good word, & good quality. I call it “stubborn,” but dogged stubbornness has served me well. It’s hard for me to think of that as sparkling & shining, but I’ll take your word for it! :D

4 Sherry Riter September 25, 2012 at 7:46 am

LOL Are you sure you aren’t sparkling? LOL

5 Joan September 25, 2012 at 7:29 am

Redhead Riter, you asked, “Are you working through a problem?” Yes, I am working through a problem, and you should know precisely what that problem is since it was you who gave me the problem in the first place!

My problem is that I am obsessed with solving rebus puzzle pictures #4 and #6 that you wrote about in your post called “Message In Rebus Puzzle Pictures – Do You Know Them” http://www.theredheadriter.com/2012/09/messages-in-rebus-puzzle-pictures-do-you-know-them/

Your hint you gave me yesterday for #4 telling me it was an “alien pronoun” and your hint for #6 telling me it was a “location” just wasn’t enough.

If you expect me to “sparkle and shine” then you need to give me more hints so that I can solve my problem. A problem, may I again remind you, that you gave me! Before I read your post last Sunday I had no problems that I was trying to work through. In fact, I didn’t even know what the word rebus meant. :)

6 Sherry Riter September 25, 2012 at 7:47 am

Okay, I will go back over there and give you more hints. LOL

7 Susanne September 25, 2012 at 7:37 am

My Dad is elderly and very ill. His dignity and quality of life have dwindled to the point where they don’t exist. My 6’4″, strong willed father who was so charisatic, quick witted and incredibly knowledgeable, actually bit larger than life with a touch of arrogance, having participated in the Revolution of 1956, is just a frail shell who barely resesembles the man I just described. His struggle to lift his body from a seated position into what is only a semblance of standing is heart wrenching. I look into his once bright eyes and see them dull as he strains to keep them open. How does this pertain to your post? My sisters and I are going to assume the role of making his final days in either his home or on this earth, as gentle and loving as possible. We will also be assisting in making decisions whether or not home is best for him. It is our time to shine, perhaps for the last time, as his children, who love him dearly. We have 2 brothers but they are diamonds in the rough….lol. I’d like to add that in the midst of all of this shining, I also must find a job. Yes, there is a very clearly stated deadline. It’s been a long year since last September. Twinkle, twinkle little star…..

Hugs and enjoy these absolutely beautiful days. Thanks for listening.

8 Sherry Riter September 25, 2012 at 7:54 am

I’m so sorry, Susanne. I know that the whole situation with your dad is continually heart-wrenching. Think of this as your last big gift to him and you can shine for your dad. He shined for years and years. It is in your DNA. Maybe your not having a job was meant to be so that you could have more time with your dad. The job will come in due time, but until then…shine, shine, shine. {{{hugsss}}}

9 Stéfan September 25, 2012 at 12:11 pm

This post was a pure delight. Thank you Red! Have a wonderful day.

10 Sherry Riter September 25, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Thank you, Stéfan!!! {{{hugsss}}}

11 Jamie Wyatt September 25, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Hope things are looking up for you! Good to “hear” the sparkle back in your “voice!”

12 Sherry Riter September 26, 2012 at 11:49 am

:D Thanks Jamie! Nice to have some sparkle back!