Michael Roopenian’s Wood Blasted Keyboard

by Sherry Riter in Art

Maybe it is because I’m a geek.

Maybe it is because it has something to do with the computer.

Maybe, just maybe, it is because the Engrain Tactile Keyboard is SUPER COOL!

It started like this…

Michael Roopenian did some testing and research on computer keyboards and how people use them.

michael roopenian engrain keyboard wood development

Then he decided to sandblast each key to create a raised ridge pattern that formed a grain like you would find in a piece of wood.

michael roopenian engrain keyboard wood 2

michael roopenian engrain keyboard wood 4

michael roopenian engrain keyboard wood 5

michael roopenian engrain keyboard wood 3

I think the Engrain Tactile Keyboard is TOTALLY fascinating and a true work of art.

Don’t you love it?!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Skip_D August 17, 2012 at 7:08 am

I agree – a remarkable art work… & I’m totally not surprised that it’s a Mac keyboard! But I can’t help wondering what it would be like to actually type on it. As someone who learned touch typing very early, I suspect that a keyboard with so much variability of height & shape of the keys would be very disconcerting. Still, as a work of art, not necessarily meant to be typed on, I love it!

The Redhead Riter August 21, 2012 at 11:33 am

I think it would be uncomfortable! LOL

Susanne August 17, 2012 at 7:46 am

I could never clean the spills and vacuum the snack crumbs out of that. That’s an issue that I could remedy. I wonder if it would be like getting a finger massage every time you depressed one of the keys? Eventually the oils from our fingers would actually make it even better over time. Very interesting Ms. Geek. May I have one too?

The Redhead Riter August 21, 2012 at 11:34 am

LOL Ewwwww snack crumbs! LOL

mom August 17, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I do not like it. The keys would hurt my tender finger tips with all those ridges!! I love the feel of the smooth keys under my finger. Plus, it does not light up. I have to see my keys. They look pretty all lit. The wood keys would get dirty and absorbed oil from your fingers and then would be ugly. They are also bulky and are you laughing yet? lol Do not write back that I hate change either! lol

Have a great day. I love you bunches and bunches. Do a post on how to not have to talk to overseas help. I tried it yesterday with Verizon!! It worked!! I finally called the cancel department and told them how unhappy I was with going to India to get a new modem . I told them I was on the line for 40 minutes with someone that I could not understand and they would not transfer me to USA. Verizon is now sending me a new modem for free. They also said that they were working on the India thing. So there! lol

The Redhead Riter August 21, 2012 at 11:35 am

You’re so funny. Just appreciate the keyboard as art! Don’t think about the functionality. LOL

andy August 19, 2012 at 1:17 am

Super cool…

The Redhead Riter August 21, 2012 at 11:36 am
andy August 19, 2012 at 1:20 am

Ok now, what’s happening with my comments? :D I will keep adding super until it shows in the post:
super, super, super cool…
Happy Sunday!