Dressed In Solid White

by Sherry Riter in Different,Weather

Just the other day I gave you 55 ways to stay cool during hot summer months. So let me tell you about today…

It is going to get really hot.

heat wave temperatures in richmond virginia

Yesterday it was hot too.

Tomorrow could be even hotter.

I don’t like the heat and neither does my body. That is why the moment I got home from buying the groceries and after I lugged them all into the kitchen last night, I immediately put on the whitest and coolest attire I could find.

naked white skin skin skin

Well, actually, I didn’t have to “put it on.” I simply had to take everything else off. Yes, naked. I was so hot that I thought I was going to pass out. It made me think about all the people back in the 1800’s and I knew that in the survival of the fittest, I would be out of the contest pretty darn fast.

I’m just glad that Alyssa wasn’t home when I was dressed in solid white or she would have freaked out. I’m laughing my head off at the thought of her finding me totally naked and stretched out on the leather sofa.

Oh, the joys of motherhood.

Sherry Riter, also known as The Redhead Riter. Sherry is witty, intelligent and addictive as she writes about cooking, family, marriage, failures, blogging tips, art, humor, inspiration, travel, PTSD and aging. Her goal is to inspire, motivate, educate and to make her audience laugh. Sherry embraces being a redhead and helps others to see the redhead point of view…"In some eras redheads were worshipped while others thought us witches. Personally, I like the former and think every day is 'Love a redhead day!'" She can also be found on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, Linkedin, tweeting as @TheRedheadRiter and you can subscribe to her free blog feed.

1 Susanne July 7, 2012 at 8:02 am

I’d just like to start by saying, being two tone, tan in the summer and olive drab in the winter, I never exude, cool…lol. We have a leather sofa, and it is the last place I collapse when I’m over heated. Ewwww…icky sticky. Then again we don’t have central air and someone, no names mentioned, well he’s too frugal to have the window unit A/Cs running, unless of course we are about to collapse. I live in the land of hideous fans. Can you say, trip over cord 10x fast? lol. Come to think of it, I don’t head for the leather couch when I’m freezing cold either. The leather provides me with very little warmth. Why does he love a leather couch so much? One thing I can say about leather couches, they don’t show stains, clean easily and last a long, long time. REDEMPTION! Double mason jar in the fridge weather…hang in!

2 The Redhead Riter July 7, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Susanne,

You have me laughing out loud!

“well he’s too frugal to have the window unit A/Cs running,” which is why YOU are married to him and I am not. LOL

“Can you say, trip over cord 10x fast?” UGH! I have fallen sooooooooooooo many times in life!

I love, love, love my leather sofa. You’re right, it does clean very easily and lasts a long, long time. I also love it because in the summer, since I do have central air, it is very cool and really helps in the cooling down process and it breathes. In the winter, once it gets heated up, it actually helps keep me warm. It is the best piece of furniture I have ever purchased.

Definitely double mason jar day!!!! {{{hugsss}}}

3 Susanne July 8, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Pssttt…it’s me. Here is just a tid bit of info. I am not married to him. Hmmm wondering who is going to get the best laugh at the very end. However, I’m glad that I was able to make you chuckle. Oh and thank you for the hugs, always welcome. Talk soon and take good care.

4 The Redhead Riter July 9, 2012 at 6:40 am

Susanne, Okay, if you are not married, WHY do you put up with that mess? LOL

5 Emma July 7, 2012 at 8:29 am

It sounds like a fab thing to do! I do that too when I’m hot. It’s good to chillax in the buff! I’ve designed and made a pair of opal earrings for my latest giveaway. It would be fab if you wanted to enter. Em ?

6 The Redhead Riter July 7, 2012 at 1:32 pm

:D That makes two buff girls in the heat! LOL

I would love a pair of opal earrings! I will hop over and enter. Thanks for telling me!

7 Karen July 7, 2012 at 10:15 am

That’s the best way to stay cool!

8 The Redhead Riter July 7, 2012 at 1:32 pm

;) That sounds like an admission of guilt, Karen! LOL

9 Skip_D July 7, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Yes! There’s no question about it! That’s the best way to beat the heat… although in my case, it can’t exactly be described as solid white! :) it’s too bad more people don’t practice that – & very sad how many people find it shocking. Don’t knock it if you haven’t tried it! ;)

10 The Redhead Riter July 7, 2012 at 1:34 pm

LOL Skip! I’m sure my mother has read this and she is one of those people that do not run around naked. I’m sure she will shake her head and laugh at this post.

So you aren’t solid white? :D

11 Skip_D July 7, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Nope… unlike you, I’m not melanin challenged. While I’m not one to lie around & tan, I do get some sun, so I guess you could call me harlequin ;)

12 The Redhead Riter July 7, 2012 at 6:23 pm

“Melanin challenged” LOL YOU totally crack me up!!!

13 Kathy Morelli, LPC (@KathyAMorelli) July 7, 2012 at 4:26 pm

LOL – and I thought this was going to be a fashion post..!! I was just looking at white summer dresses! lol!

14 The Redhead Riter July 7, 2012 at 6:24 pm

LOL Kathy!!! Well, it IS a fashion post, but I wouldn’t say that my white outfit looks like a dress. ;)

15 Katherines Corner July 7, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Nude, is as cool as you can get, giggle. We have central air ( thank heavens) but we also have a separate air conditioner in our bedroom. Menopause is the pits and it is “Africa hot” most of the time here right now. Our 100 degree temps here have been killing me. So I may soon be going the way of the naturist and strip down to my pale white birthday suit. Hugs and smooches and cool wishes

16 The Redhead Riter July 7, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Katherine,

It IS AFRICA HOT!!! That is a great description. The only exception is that there is sooooooooooooooo much humidity here. It has totally drained me!

17 Skip_D July 7, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Africa Hot only partially fits such a huge continent. Where I used to live in Eritrea & Ethiopia, on the highlands, in won’t go above the 60°s or 70°s when we’re steaming at 108°!

18 The Redhead Riter July 8, 2012 at 10:22 am

Really, Skip? I thought most of Africa was very hot and dry all the time.

19 mom July 8, 2012 at 4:11 am

Good grief Sher!!!! Naked is not cool to me. I do not want my skin on no leather couch !! Yucky! Try a cold shower and stay in long enough to cool your inner core. Good grief, doing it is one thing, but blogging about it is another. Woe is me. What is the world coming too?

20 The Redhead Riter July 8, 2012 at 10:29 am

LOL Mom!!! You’re funny.

21 Joan July 12, 2012 at 3:23 pm

You really do glow in the dark! :)