I’m Almost Naked! Please Don’t Take My Picture!

by Sherry Riter in Bella {a dog's story}  ,Family

I’m sure most of us don’t want our picture taken while we are naked. Well, maybe you don’t mind it, but I sure don’t want all this…uh, glowing skin captured forever in a photograph. However, I took my best friend’s picture while she was almost naked and she wasn’t very happy about it. What she doesn’t know, is that I’m also posting it on my blog for you to see.

Bella’s Appointment With My Scissors

If you didn’t already know that Bella is my best friend, I guess you know it now. Regardless of our friendship, Bella doesn’t like me taking her picture and isn’t quite as tolerant as my photogenic daughter or mother. So when she sees the camera, Bella starts wiggling around A LOT. Obviously, that makes it hard to capture a great shot of her.

Even though it is tough, I keep on trying to take Bella’s photo and sometimes really get some great expressions on her face.

Let me tell you what Bella was saying during our little photo shoot…I mean, what Bella was thinking…

“No! I don’t want my picture taken because you’ve cut off just about all my fur and I’m naked!”

pure bred red toy poodle 1

Bella, you’re not naked! I enjoyed cutting and shaping your fur to get you all ready for summer. You are so soft and you have to admit, you feel refreshed after that great bath Alyssa gave you with her wonderfully smelling sensitive shampoo. And Bella, you look so adorably cute.

pure bred red toy poodle  2

“I don’t have to admit anything. Do you really think I look cute?”

pure bred red toy poodle 3

Oh my goodness, yes!!! You are the cutest dog in the whole world! You know what else? I love that your fur is the same color as my hair. We actually match kinda like twins, except that you’re a dog and I’m a woman. You know what I mean.

pure bred red toy poodle 5

“Golly gee! Aww shucks! Thank you! Thank you! I am glad that you groom me instead of taking me somewhere and dropping me off with all those other dogs. It is so relaxing having you cut my fur and that’s why I always fall asleep while you’re doing it. I can tell that you love me by the way you take such great care of me. I love you a whole bunch.”

pure bred red toy poodle 4

I love you too, Bella. Thank you for being my best friend and keeping me company all the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sherry Riter, also known as The Redhead Riter. Sherry is witty, intelligent and addictive as she writes about cooking, family, marriage, failures, blogging tips, art, humor, inspiration, travel, PTSD and aging. Her goal is to inspire, motivate, educate and to make her audience laugh. Sherry embraces being a redhead and helps others to see the redhead point of view…"In some eras redheads were worshipped while others thought us witches. Personally, I like the former and think every day is 'Love a redhead day!'" She can also be found on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, Linkedin, tweeting as @TheRedheadRiter and you can subscribe to her free blog feed.

E.B. Black June 2, 2012 at 1:58 am

Your dog is way too cute. My heart melted.

The Redhead Riter June 2, 2012 at 2:20 am

Thank you!!!

Cindi June 4, 2012 at 9:06 pm

You dog is so sweet! I have a best friend too, named lindy. She listens and is very sympathetic and just so damn cute.

The Redhead Riter June 5, 2012 at 2:06 am

Thank you! What kind of dog do you have, Cindi?

Joan June 2, 2012 at 2:19 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Bella, you are soooooooooooooo cute! And your summer haircut is adorable! I wonder if I came over to your house if “Granny” would cut my hair too for summer! On second thought, your short haircut looks better on you, Bella, then it would look on me! And I certainly wouldn’t want “Granny” taking almost naked pictures of me! :)

The Redhead Riter June 2, 2012 at 2:21 am

I would be happy to cut your hair! Come on over! I will take pics and put them on my blog! LOL

Joan June 2, 2012 at 2:26 am

Redhead Riter, like heck I’m going to come over to your house and let you cut my hair and take pictures of me and put it on your blog! LOL

The Redhead Riter June 2, 2012 at 2:29 am

You’re such a fuddy duddy! I give great hair cuts and my readers would love to see your new hairdo when I’m done with you. (wicked evil grin)

Joan June 2, 2012 at 2:34 am

Yes, I’m sure they would! Unfortunately, I’m not going to give you a chance to show off your handy work with the scissors! :)

The Redhead Riter June 2, 2012 at 2:38 am

You have become so boring lately! What is wrong with you?!! Don’t you trust me? LOL

Skip_D June 2, 2012 at 7:09 am

Bella, you are so adorable, naked or not! Those are wonderful photos! And don’t think of it as ‘naked.’ with such fine, artistic photos, think of it as ‘nude’ instead! Of course, if you’re an artist’s model, & posing nude, you should be well paid for your poses! ;D

Joan, I’d trust Red to cut my hair. I’d even let her photograph me before & after! However, I draw the line at my beard. Nobody but me gets their hands on my beard! Well, not with scissors, anyway! :D

The Redhead Riter June 2, 2012 at 10:04 am

Oh boy, Skip.

1. Naked or nude…I’m not posing no matter how much $$$ they paid. LOL :P
2. Awwww…thank you for trusting me to cut your hair! ;)
3. You wouldn’t trust me with your beard! I’ve never cut off more hair than the person wanted cut off. :(
4. “Well, not with scissors, anyway!” *GASP* I’m not even going there. :D

Susanne June 2, 2012 at 7:09 am

After seeing Bella’s haircut, which looks dazzling, I’m wondering if I’m not due for a shearing? Nah, I think I’ll wait a few more years to go back to my Halle Berry doo. The look in Bella’s eyes says you’re her best friend too, even if she feels a little like a victim at the moment. Thank goodness for forgiving BFF’s…

The Redhead Riter June 2, 2012 at 10:06 am

LOL Yes, she is forgiving.

mom June 2, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Well, I am sure I would not like that “do” and we did not see your handy work? Uh huh!!! Poor little Bella. I bet you scalped her just like the Indians did! Joan, do not let her get those scissors on your nog!! She is not a professional hair dresser! Trust me! LOL

The Redhead Riter June 2, 2012 at 5:57 pm

What the heck! I give great hair cuts and I’ve always cut everyone’s hair exactly the way they wanted it. Just because I’m not professional, doesn’t mean I don’t have skills. As I recall, I’ve even trimmed the back of your hair many times. Ha! :P

Joan, I’m going over to Mom’s tonight to shave her head while she sleeps. LOL

Lisa June 2, 2012 at 1:25 pm

How could anyone not just love Bella? So, so adorable! How old is Bella now?

The Redhead Riter June 2, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Thank you! Bella will be 3 this year. Woohoo!