The Last Year Of Being A Teenager – Happy 19th Birthday Alyssa!

by Sherry Riter in Alyssa,Birthday,Family

Sometimes a picture says a thousand words. It is especially true when my heart is so full of gratitude for having Alyssa as my daughter, that my lips can’t speak or the tears of joy stream down my face.

Without too many words, let’s chat about Alyssa.

Some Of The Things I Love About Alyssa

I love Alyssa’s toes. When she was a baby, I probably kissed them a billion times. Mothers do that kind of stuff.

I love the way Alyssa scrunches her nose when she is “being cute.”

Scrunched Nose

I love Alyssa’s warm brown eyes, long eyelashes and the way she so artistically puts on her makeup.

Eyes, Eyelashes and Makeup

I love the way Alyssa loves animals and the little girl giggle she gets when she is with them.

Scrunched nose

I love Alyssa’s nurturing spirit.

Alyssa and Bella

I love Alyssa’s creativity.

Creativity

I love Alyssa’s contemplative softer side.

I love that Alyssa is so photogenic and lets me take lots of pictures of her…still.

I love Alyssa’s constant changing fashion.

I love that Alyssa works hard and has a wonderful work ethic.

I love how Alyssa got excited every time there was a new Harry Potter or Twilight series movie.

I love how Alyssa loves her birthday and enjoys celebrating it every year.

Alyssa is very easy to love.

Alyssa is very easy to love.

I think Alyssa is so wonderful.

I am thankful that Alyssa loves me.

I want to tell the whole world that Alyssa is truly the apple of my eye.

It hasn’t always been smooth sailing and…

there have been many times that Alyssa has done some things that have truly puzzled me.

I still haven’t figured out why she wanted her nose pierced or that extra hole in her ear. Reminding her that it took me nine months to grow all that skin for her just didn’t seem to matter much. (smile)

It is very obvious that today, April 15th, 2012 is Alyssa’s 19th birthday.

Alyssa is a wonderful person and I enjoy being her mother.

I’m so glad that Alyssa doesn’t mind that I splash her photo all over the place and that she understands how proud I am to be her mother.

I am so happy that I get to share wonderful stories about Alyssa with you.

I know that people all over the whole world can read this post and see my wonderful daughter.

I never get tired of talking about Alyssa and there never seems to be enough time with her even on the days we spend every waking moment together.

Alyssa, you are the “Person of the Year” every year to me. The day you were born was SUCH a wonderful day. Everyone was in awe of the tiny little baby that finally came into this world to grace our home with so much happiness.

I felt like shouting from the top of the highest buildings that I had given birth to a little girl named Alyssa.

Throughout the last nineteen years – I know! I can’t believe it has been that long either! – I have enjoyed being your mother. I love you with all my heart. I hope that you have a FANTASTIC birthday and that every day brings you more happiness than you can imagine.

It is has been said that “Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” You took my breath away nineteen years ago and have blessed me with billions and billions of wonderful moments.

Alyssa, I love you so much! Happy Birthday!!!

Love,
Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Skip_D April 15, 2012 at 1:21 am

What a wonderful, loving post! Such great photos!

Happy Birthday, Alyssa!

The Redhead Riter April 15, 2012 at 1:23 am

Thanks Skip!

Joan April 15, 2012 at 6:50 am

“Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” This post took my breath away. Your creativity knows no limits. :)

The Redhead Riter April 15, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Thank you Joan.

This post took me longer to put together than any other post I’ve ever done, but it was worth every minute I spent doing it.

Joan April 15, 2012 at 8:08 am

Redhead Riter, this is such a creative post that you deserve an award for artistic originality, although I know for you it was a labor of love! :)

For a long time I just sat staring at my monitor, scrolling slowly down and then slowly up again – taking in all the words you had written about Alyssa and how creatively imaginative you were in placing all of her pictures. That Alyssa is stunningly beautiful goes without saying. She has a timeless beauty, elegance and charm that radiates in her every smile. That Alyssa is loved so deeply by you and with every fiber of your being also goes without saying. This birthday post you wrote for Alyssa will be a gift that she will always treasure. It is a mother’s loving tribute to her daughter. Thank you for so generously sharing Alyssa’s nineteenth birthday with us.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALYSSA! You are loved by more people than you will ever know! :)

Sue April 15, 2012 at 12:11 pm

This is a really nice post.

The Redhead Riter April 15, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Thanks Sue!

Joan April 15, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Did this post take you longer to do than it takes me to leave a comment? Only joking! I knew when I saw this post that it was a work of art and it took you days and days to put together. But every moment you spent doing it was worth it! It truly took my breath away. And I am sure that it will take your other readers breath away too! :)

The Redhead Riter April 15, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Thank you Joan. I really did enjoy doing this post and it was a labor of love. It took me a very long time to do this post – even longer than it takes you to make comments! LOL

Marlene April 15, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Such a sweet post! Love the creative picture backgrounds! Happy Birthday Sweet Alyssa!

The Redhead Riter April 15, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Thanks Marlene!

mom April 15, 2012 at 7:29 pm

My Sherry,

I remember the day like yesterday. She was so beautiful as Evan passed her to me. I marveled at my own emotion, I almost burst into tears from pure joy. I thank you for giving me such a ray of sunshine. I am a blessed mother and Nanny.

I have so many memories of Alyssa. She loves my cooking and I remember all our walks and picking flowers. I remember the day I stood and tried to get the yellow leaves off of the tree and brought down hundreds of little crawly bugs. I remember her screech, and I also remember she would not help me get them off. No way she would get near me, LOL.

I miss the child Alyssa because she needed me . The young woman has different interests and I just do not fit in. I know she loves me and I am so thankful for her. She is sunshine to my soul and fills my heart with warmth. I TOO LOVE HER SO.

The Redhead Riter April 15, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Yep, Mom. It was a beautiful day. Some of the best parts about having children is that they love you unconditionally and that they need you. It is a hard adjustment to not be needed so exclusively after they grow up. It happens to all of us ;)

Stephanie April 15, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Hi! I found you through mombloggerclub. I love the tribute to your daughter! Happy birthday to her! I’m following you!

The Redhead Riter April 15, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Thanks Stephanie!!!

Danielle April 15, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Happy birthday to your stunning daughter!

The Redhead Riter April 15, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Thank you so much Danielle!!!

Patti (PJ) April 16, 2012 at 12:07 am

Hey Red’s Mom! (Sorry, I don’t know your name), I bet Alyssa does still need you and Red, just in a different, more adult capacity than she used to. We never get to the point where we don’t need our parents. I still wish I had my mom to talk to, to glean from her experiences, to ask her advice.
God Bless,
PJ

The Redhead Riter April 16, 2012 at 12:29 am

Yep PJ, you are so right – we always need our parents.

I’m glad you liked the post. I really enjoyed writing it.

Patti (PJ) April 16, 2012 at 12:08 am

Red, I forgot to mention what a beautiful post it was and what GORGEOUS pictures!

Love ya
PJ

Bobbie Nowak April 19, 2012 at 7:09 am

Aylissa this is a message for you. I can see the love and pride your mother has for you. I Feel her warmth and love for you through all the pictures. You are a blessed young woman with a wonderful mother
Kisses , Ms. Bobbie

The Redhead Riter April 19, 2012 at 7:30 am

Thank you, Bobbie! That was very kind. {{{hugsss}}}

Kristine McCord October 6, 2012 at 10:50 pm

I have an Alyssa of my own. I loved your post. Happy Birthday to your lovely (and always your baby) girl.

Sherry Riter October 7, 2012 at 12:40 am

Thank you very much, Kristine. I love Alyssa’s name. At the time I named her, the name wasn’t popular at all. Now there are lots of Alyssa’s.

I always tell her, you are my oldest child and the baby! LOL

Brittany October 14, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Great post!! What a cool Mom you are! :) I noticed your comment about the name Alyssa not being popular at the time she was born — my Mother had the same problem with my name (Brittany) in 86. I was born in Alaska and apparently there weren’t too many Brittany’s around but once she moved to the midwest it was a whole other story haha. :) I actually found your blog while googling the nutrition facts for a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup for my college class, lol. I’ve been looking around for the past 10 minutes. Very interesting and fun blog!

Sherry Riter October 14, 2012 at 6:52 pm

“I actually found your blog while googling the nutrition facts for a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup for my college class” LOL LOL LOL That’s kinda funny!

I’m so glad you enjoyed my blog!!! :D Come back any time. By the way, my niece is named Brittany too – same spelling and I picked out her name, so obviously I love it. ;)

Thank you!