Gone, But Not Forgotten

by Sherry Riter in Audrey,Aunt Janie,Dad,Family,Holiday,Mom,Sherry

Very few words are necessary today.

Dad, just because you are gone, doesn’t mean you are forgotten. Happy Birthday.

Dad
Dad

Dad's high school graduation
Dad’s high school graduation

Dad and his sister at Easter
Dad and his sister at Easter

Dad's chair
Dad in “his” chair

Dad and my sister, Audrey at my grandparent's home
Dad and my sister, Audrey at my grandparent’s home in Gran-Gran’s chair

Audrey, The Redhead Riter, Aunt Janie and Dad at the zoo
Audrey, The Redhead Riter, Aunt Janie and Dad at the zoo

Audrey, The Redhead Riter, Aunt Janie and Dad at the zoo
Audrey, The Redhead Riter, Aunt Janie and Dad at the zoo

Aunt Janie, The Redhead Riter, Dad at the zoo
Aunt Janie, The Redhead Riter, Dad at the zoo

Mom, Aunt Janie, The Redhead Riter, Audrey
Mom, Aunt Janie, The Redhead Riter, Audrey

I sure do miss him.

Sherry Riter, also known as The Redhead Riter. Sherry is witty, intelligent and addictive as she writes about cooking, family, marriage, failures, blogging tips, art, humor, inspiration, travel, PTSD and aging. Her goal is to inspire, motivate, educate and to make her audience laugh. Sherry embraces being a redhead and helps others to see the redhead point of view…"In some eras redheads were worshipped while others thought us witches. Personally, I like the former and think every day is 'Love a redhead day!'" She can also be found on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, Linkedin, tweeting as @TheRedheadRiter and you can subscribe to her free blog feed.

1 Skip_D April 4, 2012 at 9:15 am

Wonderful memories & memorable moments preserved. You’re right. Sometimes words just aren’t needed.

2 The Redhead Riter April 4, 2012 at 9:16 am

Thanks Skip.

3 Audrey April 4, 2012 at 9:56 am

Wow, I need to come over and look at all these pictures. I’ve never seen them! Look at Mom, Janie and Dad…he’s so young, looks very foreign to me. I hope he has found some peace.

4 The Redhead Riter April 4, 2012 at 10:00 am

Audrey,

I got the pics out of the thin photo album of Dad’s. I will post all the pics eventually, but come over and look :)

5 Sarah Lawrence Hinson April 4, 2012 at 10:22 am

Glad you posted this.

Lost my dad when I was 19. One of my comforts is to know that he is here with me, literally, in my DNA.

Great pics. Thanks.

Sarah
A Mom On A Spiritual Journey

6 The Redhead Riter April 4, 2012 at 10:23 am

Wow Sarah. 19 is so young to lose a parent. You’re right, though, it is a comfort to know that we are LITERALLY a part of them both. {{{hugsss}}}

7 JKW April 4, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Love the pics, reminds me of my late husband and I. Oh, the memories. My daddy just passed last Sept. at 95. Blessings for you and yours, Janet

8 The Redhead Riter April 4, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I’m so sorry for your losses JKW. I have found that it is so hard to lose a loved one. {{{{hugssss}}}}

9 Andy April 4, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I keep saying that you write from the heart, when I should: “You write from your big heart.”

10 The Redhead Riter April 4, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Andy!!!! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugsssssssssssssssssss}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

11 Joan April 4, 2012 at 7:02 pm

I loved looking at all the photographs of your family. What loving and cherished memories these photographs hold for you. Yes, your father is gone, but you are so right, he is not forgotten. I know that he lives on in your heart! :o)

12 The Redhead Riter April 4, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Thank you Joan. Yes, he is in my heart always and never forgotten. <3

13 Jennifer Jones April 4, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Gosh. I’m so sorry. I have both my parents, but….time keeps on tickin’.
I can’t quite imagine, but I think the photo blog is a great healing expression of your deep love.

What a beautiful thing, RR.

XO
JJ

14 The Redhead Riter April 5, 2012 at 12:42 am

Thank you Jennifer. Doing a post for his birthday made me feel closer to him. I’m glad I have memories, pictures and the love we shared to keep him alive in my life. :)

15 Teresha April 5, 2012 at 7:20 am

Beautiful post! I love trips down memory lane, they are so therapeutic. I hope look at these pictures with fond memories and not pain. He was so handsome…you have his eyes!

16 The Redhead Riter April 5, 2012 at 7:25 am

Thanks Teresha! It was a wonderful trip down memory lane! I think he was very handsome too as did most women LOL I look a lot like my dad and even walk, I mean, stroll like him too. ;)

17 Sue April 5, 2012 at 10:02 am

I like your post. I lost my Dad too and when I go somewhere we were together the memories flood in, like even the grocery store. Pictures and talking about it help a lot. Thanks for sharing

18 The Redhead Riter April 5, 2012 at 11:05 am

Sue,

Looking at pictures, retelling the stories and writing about someone who has passed does help with keeping them warm in your heart. My pleasure to share it with you!

19 Pamela Rose Williams April 5, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Such fond memories. My Daddy has been gone for what will be 7 years this year. I can not believe it. Thanks for sharing your heart. I saw you feed come through over at the Christianity Every Day community at theblogfrog.com. Blessings!

20 The Redhead Riter April 5, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Thank you Pamela. I can’t believe it has been over a year since he passed. Time sure does fly by.

I’m glad you found me :)

21 Patti (PJ) April 13, 2012 at 9:29 am

Hey Red! What wonderful memories! I know you cherish those photos. As you know my mom passed in when I was 14 and my dad died when 1992. The sad thing is, I have VERY FEW pictures of them. up until a couple of years ago, I had one picture of daddy and one picture of my mom. My sister gave me a couple more, so I cherish them with ALL OF MY HEART.

Love and Prayers,
PJ

22 The Redhead Riter April 13, 2012 at 10:42 am

Patti,

I’m so glad you got more photos of your parents. I have quite a bit more and I will continue to share them :)