Happy, Happy Birthday To The Redhead Riter!!!

by Sherry Riter in Birthday,Sherry

Happy Birthday to me!
Happy Birthday to me!
Happy Birthday to me-e-e-e!
Happy Birthday to me!

Guess what?

Yep, today is my birthday!

My mother’s birthday is also this month, so my sister and brother-in-law took us out to celebrate!

I bet you can’t imagine what we did (smile)

The big question was where were we going to dine. Mom is a steak lover and I will eat just about any food, so we chose the Longhorn Steakhouse.

I love the rustic interior with the skulls and saddles!

Right above our table was an antler chandelier and I loved it!!

Once the bread and spinach/artichoke dip appetizers got to the table, there was a flurry of movement and…

before a few minutes had passed…

the bread was nearly gone!

I ordered a Caesar salad which had big pieces of cheese and plenty of dressing.

Needless to say, it tasted delicious!

After the salad, it was time for the entrees and I had chosen the LongHorn Salmon which was a fresh, hand-cut salmon, grilled using a secret bourbon marinade, served over rice with a side of fresh cut green beans.

The salmon was so flaky, juicy and delicious. Everyone else had steak, but that’s just not my thing.

After lots of great conversation and delicious food, it was time for dessert.

My sister ordered a Caramel Apple Goldrush LongHorn Specialty. Let me tell you about it…Apples tossed with cinnamon, butter and brown sugar baked in a golden pastry shell and served warm with vanilla bean ice cream and Maker’s Mark® bourbon-caramel sauce.

Looks good doesn’t it?

But wait!

You haven’t seen my dessert yet!!

I ordered the Mountain Top Cheesecake which was the New York style cheesecake with strawberries and whipped cream.

Go ahead and say it….

It was so perfect.

Cheesecake is one of my all time favorite desserts.

And everyone knows that when it is my birthday, It’s All About Me!

Well, at least one day of the year it’s all about me (wink)

1 Joan January 17, 2012 at 12:18 am

Happy Birthday, Redhead Riter! Today we celebrate wonderful you and all the love, joy and happiness that you bring to everyone who knows you! You are loved by more people than you will ever know! :o)

2 Teresha@Marlie and Me January 17, 2012 at 4:16 am

Happy Birthday to you and your mom! The food looks yummy, but where are the pictures of the gorgeous birthday girls?

3 Pammy pam January 17, 2012 at 5:01 am

happy happy birthday to my favorite redhead! may this year (and subsequent years) be better than the last!

4 Skip_D January 17, 2012 at 6:16 am

Yum. Just. Yum.

Happy birthday! Today it's truly all about you! Today is Love A Redhead Day – not that any day isn't! Enjoy!

5 Bossy Betty January 17, 2012 at 7:24 am

All people born on this day are intelligent, witty, beautiful and artistic. It's true!!!!! Happy Birthday to you!

6 Kelly January 17, 2012 at 7:39 am

Happy Birthday! may you have a lovely year to come.

7 Jasmine Walt January 17, 2012 at 10:12 am

Oh my goodness. Now I want to go yo the Longhorn Steakhouse! Happy birthday! 🙂

8 Brooke @ Covered in Grace January 17, 2012 at 10:35 am

Happy Birthday!!!
I hope your day was perfect!

9 Mama P January 17, 2012 at 11:00 am

Happy Birthday!!

and Happy Birthday to Red's Mom too! ps, great month to have a birthday! My grandma was born in Jan and so is my son!

10 that's life! January 17, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Can't say enough in your praise, kid!

Many happy returns of the day, and many more!

11 Teressa Ryan January 17, 2012 at 4:36 pm

What do you give a gal like RhR for her birthday,
especially via email or post, hmmmm? She appears to have the most important stuff…great friends!!!!
How about a little piece of positive information? I ran across a little known fact in my google searches today. Appears redheads have less issue with vitamin D deficiency due to their lighter skin absorbing sunlight more readily.
My gift to you? One less worry ; D
Be healthy, be blessed.
Happy BIrthday RedheadRiter!

12 Bev January 17, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Happy Birthday, Red. We too love LongHorn and I do like their salmon. Have you tried the chocolate stampede dessert? We have to share it, it is so much! Glad you had fun.

13 rich m January 17, 2012 at 10:31 pm

well happy birthday,looks like you had a great time,cheescake is also on of my favorites

14 PJ January 17, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Hey Red! Happy Birthday! (Even if it is past midnight, I'm still on tuesday's energy!) LOL! The food looked delicious! I guess hubby's going to take me for Chinese food Friday for my celebration. We went there the other night and the food was FANTASTIC. It was a buffet of course (my hubby loves buffets) and they had so many choices! I think there was like 5 big steam tables of different food!

I'm glad you had fun birthday girl!

Love ya Bunches!

15 Tim King January 18, 2012 at 9:33 am

Sorry I'm a day late…

Happy Birthday!

Glad you had a wonderful day.

16 Jessica January 18, 2012 at 12:28 pm

? Happy Birthday!! Now i am so hungry, i going to go eat!!