Chuckle of the Day – Elderly Dog Named Killer

by Sherry Riter in Aging,Chuckle

As I get older, aging jokes get funnier. I hope you enjoy this one too.

A wealthy old gentleman decides to go on a hunting safari in Africa, taking his faithful, elderly dog named Killer, along for the company.

One day the old dog starts chasing rabbits and before long, discovers that he’s lost. Wandering about, he notices a leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch.

The old dog thinks, “Oh, ho! I’m in deep doo-doo now!” Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap, the old dog exclaims loudly, “Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder, if there are any more around here?”

Hearing this, the young leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees. “Whew!”, says the leopard, “That was close! That old dog nearly had me!”

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So, off he goes, but the old dog sees him heading after the leopard with great speed, and figures that something must be up.

The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard.

The young leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, “Here, monkey, hop on my back and see what’s going to happen to that conniving canine!

Now, the old dog sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks, “What am I going to do now?” Instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn’t seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old dog says…

“Where’s that monkey? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!”

Moral of this story…

Don’t mess with the old dogs because age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Wisdom and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Have you ever known any monkeys?

Woman Aging With Style and hoping to emulate
an elderly dog named Killer,

1 PJ October 1, 2010 at 1:30 am

LOL! That was Good! Yes I've known several monkeys in my day, the only thing is, I wasn't as quick a thinker as that old dog! LOL!

God Bless!

2 Josanne October 1, 2010 at 2:17 am

That was a really cute joke-I haven't heard it before!
Thanks for the post!

3 Lis October 1, 2010 at 2:31 am

LOL! This was a good one. Very good moral. Boy have I known some "monkeys"! Bleugh.

4 Modista Modesta October 1, 2010 at 3:08 am

No monkeys, but I know a lot of old dogs! LOL

5 By Word of Mouth October 1, 2010 at 4:15 am

LOL, self preservation at any age is a good lesson 🙂
Now off too bed – its 12.15 and I beat you 🙂

6 Oh Sew Good October 1, 2010 at 12:56 pm

I don't get to your blog near as much as I'd like to these days. I'm so glad I was able to stop by today. Very funny. What a funny way to start my day.

7 katlupe October 1, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Thanks for the chuckle! I think I have known both, some monkeys and some old dogs too.

8 Gina October 2, 2010 at 12:44 am

You know, I've heard it (or at least something similar) before, but it's still funny! Happy weekend to you Red!

9 PJ October 2, 2010 at 1:14 am

Hey Gal! It's me again! LOL! I'm practicing shorter comments. Thank you for your comment on the Lord's Prayer post. I bet it was beautiful to hear the first time. It was also beautiful when my Pastor teached on it and quoted it (after explaining each intricate part) He did it with such emotion! I think it had everyone mesmerized. I love that prayer, but again I like to stress that it is the pattern that matters when we pray. I have heard people say we have to quote that prayer, and I am sorry to disagree, but the Bible says to be specific when we pray, and the Lord's Prayer is not specific to our specific needs or petitions. Oops! What was that I said about practicing shorter comments? LOL! Welp, no 911 calls tonight! haha!

God Bless!

10 wenstumped October 15, 2010 at 7:16 am

Hehehehe! That was awesome. I hope I learn to think as fast as the old dog.