that respect, caring and
love must be shared,
for it’s only through sharing
that friendships are born.”
What are some of the ways you can stay in touch with your friends so that they know you care?
- talk on the phone
- write letters and send them by snail mail (that means regular postage)
- send emails
- create a blog and post frequently
- visit their home
- plan a vacation rendezvous
- tweet on Twitter
- chat on Facebook
- connect on other social media networks such as LinkedIn, MySpace, etc.
- create photo galleries at sites like Flickr, Snapfish, and Kodak
- free long distance via the internet on Skype
- send cards/gifts on special occasions
- watch their children for a few hours so they can have free time
- film live footage on video tapes, videos on disks or YouTube videos
- make a scrapbook of your time together
- bake a goodie and mail it for no reason except to show you care
- if they live close take a goodie and balloon to their home
- when you see something that your friend collects, take a picture with your phone and send it to them
- show support by promoting their business online
- text, but not while you drive
- mail postcards while on vacation
- have free subscriptions of magazines they would find of interest sent to them
- create a blog
- promote your friends’ blogs
This post series was created specifically with the last one in mind…to promote my friends’ blogs.
Without further adieu…
This is the weekly post where I spotlight my Rockin’ Friends who are the Top Nine active participants and loyal followers in my community! If you want to be mentioned here next week, then all it takes is to come in and start chatting with everyone in my community.
With a big thank you for their participation and friendship, here are the Rockin’ Friends this week in order of most participation:
- Kristi at The Child Sensitive Communication Grid
- Jamie at Avant Garde Parenting
- Marlene at Marlene’s Many Hats
- Jack at The Long White Line
- Lori at Lori’s LOLz
- Katlupe at Homesteading on the Internet
- Kim at The Zany Housewife
- Amanda at La Blondie Peruana
- Ann Marie at Household 6 Diva
This week the special spotlight is shining on Amanda of La Blondie Peruana. Amanda’s “About Me” is as follows:
Amanda has many things in common with my daughter…she’s young, full of energy, beautiful, blond, has a poodle and was born in Texas! How can anyone not love her?!!!
Instead of methodically reading Amanda’s blog, I skipped all over the place. I read about how excited she was before she left for Peru. All the anticipation she was feeling just popped off the monitor by the time she said, “So here we go! A new beginning! I hope you enjoy reading about the changes and the adventures!”
That was her revelation with her Adventures in Parenting as she was house and child sitting for her CEO. We won’t tell her that it is a lot more terrorizing when it is your own child. Shhhhh…
I just kept reading because I wanted to see how she felt once she finally moved to Peru on a mission with her husband. I wasn’t disappointed with her Update from PERU!!!! Even the title shows her exuberance.
I really enjoyed 99 Things which is a list of memories you would like to make and Amanda highlighted those that she has already completed. A little like a bucket list of sorts which usually tells you all kinds of things about a person that you just wouldn’t think of asking them.
Also, I am sure you will want to see these pictures including a huge bug and Cookies and Cream Brownies because I’m a true lover of brownies and I love just looking at them even when I can’t eat them. Cue the Butterflies had me all aflutter. And let me just say, CONGRATULATIONS on the TWO!!!!
I’m so glad that I’ve been able to get to know Amanda better since she has become active in my community and by reading her blog. Be sure to add La Blondie Peruana to your blogroll, but also come over and chat with Amanda in my community.
The community challenge this week was a little easier on the brain, but still lots of fun. Thank you to all the participants for working so hard at making the community a success. Not only the community benefits, but we all have been able to support and encourage each other which is invaluable.
The winner of the challenge is:
Congratulations Kristi! A warm thank you for being our Rockin’ Friend! We all appreciate the effort you have made to get to know us better and the support you have shown in our individual blogging efforts.
For everyone mentioned in the top nine this week, feel free to grab the Rockin’ Friend badge below and thank you for your participation!!
Until the spotlight next week…Happy Chatting Rockin’ Friends!
Don’t forget to add your blog URL to the Linky at Woo Us To Your Blog and learn blogging tips that will help you have a polished blog and to increase your traffic! This week it is all about buttons and badges!!
Until next week…Kiss your family, hug your friends and don’t forget to be the friend you would like to have around.
Trying each day to stay in touch,
And hugging my daughter every chance I get even if it is ten times a day!