A Day of Lace For Her

by Sherry Riter in Decorating,Product,Women Stuff

Lace.

The little four letter word conjures up visions of soft feminism.

Specifically, lace is an openworked fabric that has holes created in a pattern whether it be by hand or machine. When lace is made the thread is looped, twisted or braided to other threads independently from a backing fabric.

Today lace is used in everything to add to the femininity of the item. I love the look and feel of lace whether it is made of everything from silk to cotton. The only limitation in using lace is one’s imagination.

lace choker

lace photo art

lace earrings

lace hairpins

lace leg warmers

lace bridal hanger

lace sandals

lace bangle

lace wedding guest book

lace headband

lace bridal shoes

lace garter
Image: Source

lace ivory wedding guest book

lace wedding veil

feather and lace

Image: Source
Do you like lace? What do you make or buy that incorporates lace?

1 Summer Ross August 28, 2010 at 12:57 am

I can't say I'm a big lace fan. Its pretty to look at- but that's about it. I really like the feet one. great pictures.

2 Jerry August 28, 2010 at 1:22 am

I appreciate looking at lace, but you dare not send me out to buy something with lace. Great pictures.

3 mangiabella August 28, 2010 at 2:33 am

ooooooooh how i love me some lace…..especially black lace…..mostly in feminine undergarments…..my favorite pic you posted is the white foot lace ties, that's totally my style, i'm a little bohemian at heart 🙂

ciao bella

4 Marlene August 28, 2010 at 3:27 am

I started reading this post thinking I'm not really fond of lace…..but the more I looked at the pictures, the more I liked what I saw. I do love crocheted lace. Edging on a washcloth or sheets. I guess that way it is elegant and nice but still soft to the touch. 🙂

5 Lou Belcher August 28, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I love lace…. and I love these beautiful photos. Thanks for the eye candy.

Have a great weekend.

6 Sometimes Life August 28, 2010 at 1:11 pm

l loved it all. Beautiful garments.

7 Paula August 28, 2010 at 1:48 pm

I adore lace. I try to learn how to make lace myself. I am in love with Lace from Brussels and Firence. Pattern often passed from generation to generation. Its like weaving histroy, weaving memories, keeping them going and alive. Wonderful images of lace

8 katlupe August 28, 2010 at 9:02 pm

I like the way it looks and I used to have lace in my dressing room on my vanity. And other places through out my home. Now I live an entirely different life and it just does not fit it. Too fussy, too delicate. I still think it is pretty just not smart for me anymore.

9 Tractor Mom August 28, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I love lace but in a home of males, lace is a dirty four letter word!

Come by when you can…

10 Jules August 29, 2010 at 10:30 am

When I was a baby my mom use to dress me in it. By the time she got me home I would have chewed it up. 🙂

I use it as a decor accessory but it does not fit my personality. I do love looking at though. 😀

Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

11 Alyssa September 12, 2010 at 7:44 am

I grew up a tomboy, but have always admired my grandmother's crocheting. I try to buy lacy things every now and then to try and compensate for growing up boyish. My hubby sure appreciates me trying to be girly! 🙂