Stark Is Not Rigidly Conforming

by Sherry Riter in Art

According to the dictionary, “stark” has several definitions which include to rigidly conform, absolute, barren and desolate.

None of those words apply to the art of David Stark.

Not only is he an eco-friendly artist in his full service, event design planning and production company, but he uses items that can be given away later in perfect condition. Now that’s green!

A perfect example is the Nike shoe funnel he created for the Robin Hood Foundation’s event.

First, the funnel

Add some shoes

Shine some lights on it

Image: Design Sponge

I have to say that David Stark’s website was just fun to to be on and to click. Each page was totally unique with my favorite being his ABOUT page. If everyone had an ABOUT page that fun, I might never get to the other pages of their sites and blogs!

I wonder how that cursor would look with my Candy Apple Red?

1 theTsaritsa July 30, 2010 at 12:04 am

That tornado of shoes is amazing!!!

2 adrienne July 30, 2010 at 1:51 am

I love creative people! Design Sponge is one of my fav sites. Especially the Biz Ladies series

3 mangiabella July 30, 2010 at 2:06 am

i couldn't stop playing with the moving hand and the push pin!!!!

4 Tammy@ Not Just Paper and Glue July 30, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Very interesting art. The shoe funnel is genious!

5 Joanna Jenkins July 30, 2010 at 9:04 pm

How cool is THAT! I've never seen this before. Thank for the tip. I'm off to explore his website.

Happy weekend,

6 The Redhead Riter July 31, 2010 at 11:05 am

theTsaritsa – I never even thought of it as a tornado. I kept thinking it was a funnel like you use in the kitchen. Apparently, my mind is always thinking of food.

adrienne – I love creative people too because they think of things that I couldn't imagine in a million years!

mangiabella – I'm glad someone had the same problem I did!!!! I love that push pin!

Tammy@ Not Just Paper and Glue – I thought it was too. I wonder what made him think of using shoes?

Joanna Jenkins – I hope you enjoyed the website and didn't find it too addictive LOL