Seeing Through The Branches

by Sherry Riter in Attitude,Self-Development

Walking up to this beautiful flowering Bradford Pear tree, I was able to see thousands of white blossoms with the sun shining behind them. It was almost like a glowing snowball. I know that the blossoms don’t last long, but it’s just a nice addition to the hot summer months.

The flowers on the outside of the branches are just as beautiful as the flowers that are hidden on the inside of all the leaves close to the branches and tree trunk.

It is the same tree that was barren and gray in the winter, but the blossoms have a way of enhancing the bark.

There are millions of people on the planet and if they have a kind, gentle attitude, it is always easy to find something beautiful or handsome about each of them. However, there are some people that are especially gorgeous and it isn’t a matter of opinion…it is science.

Humans who have the left and right side of their faces closer to total symmetry are more pleasing to the eye and the subconscious mind picks up on this uniformity. I’m sure you have heard…

“Beauty is altogether
in the eye of the beholder.”
~Lew Wallace~

Just because someone has face symmetry doesn’t mean that everyone is going to think that person is nice looking – science based or not. As a matter of fact, there is always one thing that makes a person look ugly to me.

Have you ever known someone that is so mean, rude, unfair, selfish and/or unkind, that they appear physically ugly? I have encountered many people who are what I call, pretty on the outside and ugly on the inside. The total opposite is also true. A really normal looking individual can appear as the most gorgeous person simply because they are super kind, thoughtful, generous, loving and unselfish.

Just as I discovered that the hidden blossoms only add to the beauty of the Bradford Pear tree, so it is with people. Take the time to improve your character and learn how to be the person that you want as a friend or a companion. That is the real secret of becoming beautiful. Real beauty always originates from the soul.

“Beauty is not in the face;
beauty is a light in the heart.
~Kahlil Gibran~

1 The girl with the flour in her hair July 16, 2010 at 2:53 am

What a beautiful post and what beautiful pictures. So, so true. I would take the "unattractive" but kind in a second.

2 Jackie July 16, 2010 at 3:19 am

What an insightful post. I think you hit it right on…what's inside counts most.

Thanks for dropping by our blog…I look forward to getting to "know" you!

3 Eternal Instants July 16, 2010 at 5:46 am

I love this post!
Nice pics too!

I find this to be undeniably true! I sometimes see people, men and women both, who I think to myself "Wow, what a beautiful creature!" Then… they open thier mouths!!! You know exactly what I mean. And the opposite is true too. I see someone who isn't exactly "America's Top Model", But just a minute or two with them assures you they have a heart of pure gold.

Beauty fades with time but what we do, the lives we've touched… will last for eternity.

Thanks so much for "following me"… You were my #2! I'll always remember that 🙂

4 Holly July 16, 2010 at 11:58 am

I've believed this forever! I noticed how someone would be attractive, then I get to know their mean side and they get uglier and uglier with everything I learn… And then someone is NOT attractive at first, then I get to know them and see how beautiful they are and NOTHING could take that radiance away. LOVE this post!! ((HUGS))

5 Gee July 16, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Amazing photos.Like the ideas and thoughts you provoke.

6 vanita July 16, 2010 at 3:49 pm

beautiful post. if we all could see with our hearts instead of our eyes, we'd see there are beautiful people all around, we'd see the ugliness in ourselves and try to make it beautiful just as we use makeup and diet and clothing to make our outer shell look beautiful.

7 katlupe July 16, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I really enjoyed that post. As you know I love nature and I could even smell those blossoms!

8 Nya's mom July 16, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Beautifully stated! Thank you for brightening my day!

-Jessica a.k.a Nya's mom

9 JDaniel4's Mom July 16, 2010 at 6:17 pm

What a beautiful post! Have a great weekend! Stopping from Mom Loop!

10 Deb Chitwood July 16, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Stopping by from the Mom Loop. Lovely post! That’s one of my favorite quotes – so true!

11 Anita@GoingALittleCoastal July 16, 2010 at 8:07 pm

That was a great post. Beauty can also be very deceiving. The Bradford pear has beautiful blooms but I find the smell not so pleasing! Just as with some beautiful people who can turn out to be not so pleasing also.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

12 viewfromdownhere July 17, 2010 at 12:17 am

Great post! I know what you mean…I know some people who are attractive on the outside, but their personalities and meanness can make them appear ugly to me. (Some guys I used to date, too…ha)

13 Alicia July 17, 2010 at 12:49 am

Wow that was so lovely, visually and verbally. And so very true. Loved it.

14 panamamama July 17, 2010 at 12:55 am

What a beautiful post! Thanks.