Every day we are faced with problems and opportunities. The decisions we make are critical to attaining our life goals. A few steps in one direction will forever alter our path often causing major changes in every day goals and accomplishments.
Some challenges are more weighty than others and require us to contemplate our future in relationship to the decisions looming ahead. There are many steps that should be taken to ensure that the best possible answer is attained, however, this process is frequently skimmed through or skipped altogether.
- Define the problem
- Collect the information needed to make a decision
- Identify your goals
- Analyze your options – exploring the pros and cons of each in writing
- Take a short time to free your mind of the problem
- Reassess your goals
- Select the desired solution
- Commit to the solution
- Implement the chosen solution with a positive attitude
Adequate time should be spent exploring each step in the process. Not only will this aid in making the right decision, but can also reduce the stress accompanied with making major life choices thus making step number five the utmost of importance.
In order to accomplish the fifth step, participate in activities that keep the mind busy…
- Read a long book
- Take a vacation or day trip
- Tour your city
- Visit the museum
- Have a picnic and play games like frisbee or badminton with family and friends
- Test drive cars for the fun of it
- Join a sports team, workout class or exercise facility
Most importantly, don’t feel rushed. Decisions made in haste are often those that cause regret.
to your decisions,
but stay flexible
in your approach.”