Men and Their Toys

by Sherry Riter in Art

I used to think that Peter Pan’s attitude was pure fiction.

I was wrong.

Men never grow up. Correction. They grow up and get more expensive toys. I’m sure you’ve heard that many times, but it is entirely true.

You want proof?

He plays with recycled computer parts and creates “things” that sometimes look like reality and other times…well, they are out of this world.

Do you remember the show from long ago called “Lost in Space” with Will Robinson and Dr. Smith? I was just a small child when I watched it and mesmerized by the robot.

If you don’t remember that show, how about the cartoon called “The Jetsons”. They had a maid that cooked, cleaned and watched their son. She was none other than, you guessed it, a robot.

Rosie, the robot

So AlexAndromeda also created a robot that looks like this:

The Observer
Image: source

I’m sure that this motorcycle is a little intriguing as well.

Unlimited Drive
Image: source

So, do you think that some men never grow up?

Gotta run now. I’d love to stay and chat, but R2D2 and C3PO from“Star Wars” are stuck in the desert and I don’t remember how they get out of this mess. I wish they were mine!

R2D2 and C3PO

1 Debbie June 25, 2010 at 5:28 pm

I just wish he'd put away the toys after playing with them….or better yet, be content with the ones he has instead of buying new ones. It sounds like men everywhere are just alike when it comes to toys!!!!

2 The redhead June 25, 2010 at 6:42 pm

My husband just informed me that he wants a motorcycle, like a real one. And he will not budge. He's even bribing me with promises of a European vacation if I agree to it. Decisions, decisions!

3 viewfromdownhere June 25, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Ha, my fiance' is a lot like that, but not with robots…he has his toys, gadgets, and he still has his legos. It's crazy…they never grow up!

4 misssrobin June 26, 2010 at 12:14 am

At least he's doing something will all that junk. My husband just collects more and more old computer parts for someday. Ugh.

5 Chantal June 26, 2010 at 12:55 am

My boyfriend wants alot of things, like a motor boat and other big toys. He's got an ''I'' problem. For now, he doesn't have time to think about it, he's working 12 to 16 hours a day! It's seasonal, so when winter comes, he want's alot of toys!

6 Sharon June 26, 2010 at 2:14 am

Pretty cool! Yeah I remember all those robots and wish they still had reruns on basic cable of Lost in Space. **Danger, danger, danger!** Thanks for the memories!

7 Gypsy June 26, 2010 at 6:11 am

My hubby has 30,000 Hot Wheels in our shed.

8 Teresha@Marlie and Me June 26, 2010 at 9:34 am

Between me and hubs we have more than 500 Happy Meal toys (no, we didn't eat that many).

9 PJ June 27, 2010 at 4:10 am

Let me say first, those pictures of "Robot" from LIS and the Jetsons brought back some VERY HAPPY Memories of laying in the middle of the livingroom floor while mom was cooking supper in the kitchen (before she got sick, of course). Now, I have to admit, I loved that motorcycle! OK, As far as what my hubby does with His Toys, he keeps building "sheds and Lean-To's to park tractors, lawnmowers, tillers, new tools, old tools (given to him), He has 4 in the back (we live in the country, thank goodness) and what used to be a garage in front. That's how he constitutes getting more toys and what he does with them. He is now in the process of building a new well-house/storage building in our back yard. I even get a side of this one for my stuff! Oh joy! LOL!
God Bless!