Chuckle of the Day – Triskaidekaphobia

by Sherry Riter in Chuckle

Do you suffer with triskaidekaphobia?

Pronounced like this: triss-kye-dek-uh-FOH-bee-uh

It is a noun and means “fear of the number 13”

If this is a problem for you, I thought I would help you with overcoming the fear.

Try this…

Every time you see the number 13, just think of how wonderful it would be to eat 13 fresh, hot, glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Krispy Kreme doughnut
Maybe doughnuts don’t really float your boat. How about 13 babies smelling of lotion and powder?

No? Perhaps 13 new pairs of shoes would be more to your liking?

All of them sound good to me and I don’t even have triskaidekaphobia!

1 Jessica June 15, 2010 at 8:20 pm

I was born on Friday the 13th so no triskaidekaphobia for me!

Although the 13 Krispy Kreme Donuts sound yummy… hmmmmm

2 Oh Sew Good June 15, 2010 at 8:31 pm

I know I don't suffer from that. My husband and I had our first date on the 13th of February. His birthday is on the 13th as is some of his family. We like that number. 🙂

3 Teresa @ ? TOO MANY HEARTBEATS ? June 15, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Absolutely not! I am not at all superstitious. But if I were, I would have immediately lost my 'triskaidekaphobia' when you flashed that Krispy Kreme doughnut in front of my face. I {{heart}} Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. If my husband and I had the dough (pun intended), we would open a KK shop here in our little town. I can't believe someone hasn't done so already!

When I was working on the ambulance in Atlanta, we used to go by the main KK where they make those fresh heavenly delights. I kid you not, when the red flashing light was on, it literally acted as a magnet and pulled our truck into the parking lot on the way back from the hospital! I even had a accident one night on my way home after working a 12 hour shift at the Children's Hospital in Atlanta, which is really close to that KK. I was going a different way home so that I could stop there and get some of those amazing, mouth-watering treats. Unfortunately, though, I never made it to KK, but instead had my car totaled by some crazed driver who was driving WAY TOO fast and plowed into my car. She was probably being pulled by the red flashing light. *sigh*

Hope you are having a great day!

Teresa <><

4 Awel Prince June 15, 2010 at 11:11 pm

Hi, thanks for following me on "Blog Frog"… Wow, from a professional point of view your sidebar format is…amazing. I've never seen so many sidebars. 🙂 (nor so many followers. 🙂

~Awel P.

5 vicki haley June 15, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Don't think I have this, but I LOVE the idea of 13 Krispy Kreme donughts!

6 SpitFire June 16, 2010 at 12:25 am

13 new pairs of shoes *drool* I <3 that pair of shoes….wheeeere do you find them?

7 Robyn June 16, 2010 at 12:34 am

Funny, I just posted on my Facebook that I would love a Krispy Kreme donut or 4! maybe I should have said 13. My Daughter was born on Friday the 13th of September. I have always told her that 13 is a lucky number.
That is a humdinger of a word!

8 Kimberly June 16, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Mmmm yummy donut… if I ate 13 of those I'd be sick!
I am now following your blog.
All the best,

9 ? Sarah @ FFP ? June 16, 2010 at 9:31 pm

13 is my favorite number, just because.