Chuckle of the Day – Nine Words Women Use

by Sherry Riter in Chuckle,Relationship,Tom

Being a woman and actually knowing that a few of the following are even true in my case, I had to laugh out loud at these truisms…

(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don’t Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That’s Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That’s okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you’re welcome. (I want to add in a clause here – This is true, unless she says ‘Thanks a lot’ – that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say ‘you’re welcome’. That will bring on a ‘whatever’).

(8) Whatever: Is a woman’s way of saying, ‘Just shut up!’

(9) Don’t worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking ‘What’s wrong?’ For the woman’s response refer to #3.

I won’t say which of the above are true with me because I don’t want to incriminate myself.

1 Zaffiro June 5, 2010 at 5:32 pm

hahahaha! I don't want to icriminate my self, too… but it's true! 😀

P.S.: Thanks for yor visit on my blog!

2 Zaffiro June 5, 2010 at 5:42 pm

I don't Know if my comment is added! However, thanks for your visit on my blog!

3 Jessica June 5, 2010 at 5:44 pm

LOL… I think ALL of these are true for me! Hahaha! Very cute! Thanks for sharing!

4 katlupe June 5, 2010 at 8:07 pm

I'm just glad my husband does not read your blog!! I don't want him to know these things……….

5 The Redhead Riter June 5, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Katlupe, what is your husband's email address? LOL LOL

6 Vatche June 5, 2010 at 10:08 pm

I actually saw this a few days back, but it's a good refresher for me to know these few hints of what a woman is thinking.

Also, thank you for following me and commenting on my blog; it is greatly appreciated! 🙂

7 Sam June 5, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Ha! So true!

Mom. Undecided.

8 PJ June 5, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Hahahahaha! I cannot count the number of those statements which I use on a REGULAR basis! SOOOOOO True!

Thanks for stopping and commenting on my post! That particular subject was (is) a sore spot, because while visiting some of the elderly ladies who I used to clean house for, it is really sad when I walk into the home, and complete strangers want me to sit and visit with them, or come over to where my "friends and I are visiting and want to be included. It automatically takes me back to when I was a nurses aide and experienced the "neglect" from the children of the elderly. I understand about busy lives, but as the Bible says, God First, Family second, and everything else LAST. Love ya Bunches!
All my love and prayers to Alyssa!

9 More Milestones June 6, 2010 at 12:09 am

I've used a few of these…I won't say which ones either ((blushing)).

10 Stephanie June 6, 2010 at 1:04 am

So funny! As a fellow redhead, I find this hilarious because I think its true when they say we are more stubborn and hardheaded than everyone else. Or at least thats what my hubby says…

11 Natacha June 6, 2010 at 11:10 am

So true… I would like to add #10. I am not asking you again – which means I ask at least another several times or use one of the 9 points repeatedly… ha!ha!

12 Amy June 7, 2010 at 12:17 am

Have you been talking to my husband? Fine. Whatever.